Sing me a Song

Carl and Jesus remained hidden inside the cargo food truck. There was a sudden stop due to a herd of walkers. The two Saviors sit in the back of the cargo truck, waiting for the herd of walkers to fade out. One of the Saviors used a small handheld mirror to keep an eye on the walkers.

"Still going, looks like the end of them though," George reported.

"All damn night. At least Negan is smart enough to not let that mess anywhere near us." The other Savior commented.

"FatJoey's good for something at least." George shrugged.

"Eating cake?" Asked the other Savior.

"He rigged the herd way. Just trips. Nothing fancy. Guerilla kind of stuff." George explained.

"What kind of stuff?" Asked the other Savior.

"As in warfare, idiot. Those demo sticks from that run last month, the RPGs from the new guys. Maybe it takes it out, it takes them down." He sighed, checking the mirror again.
"It's a trickle. Let's go," he confirmed.

"Finally. Thank Christ." Sighed the other Savior as the two got in the truck.

As the vehicle started to move, Carl and Jesus stepped out of their hiding spots. The two began to scavenge around, in a search for anything useful. Jesus looked outside to see they were driving past a white statue, a landmark of some sort. He got an unopened bottle of maple syrup and began to pour it on the road, leaving a trail. Carl observed him for a moment.

"I'm making a trail. I think we're close. We should bail out, follow the rest of the way. See what we can see." Jesus explained.

"I... uh- How?" Carl asks.

"It usually isn't the fall that gets us. It's trying to fight it. Run with it or roll with it. The truck's going slow enough. We'll be in a blind spot. We can race behind one of the cars." Jesus added.

"I-I-If I screw up and we get caught..." Carl began.

"It will be fine we just have to go now," Jesus instructed.

"Ok. Show me first." Demanded Carl.

Jesus let out a weak chuckle as he jumped out of the moving truck, rolling onto the floor and running behind a nearby dumpster. He looked towards the truck, waiting for Carl to follow his lead. Instead, Carl simply waved to him as the truck continue to drive away without Jesus.

Carl continued to look as walkers began to appear. He made his way to the back of the truck and went through the weapons that were on board. Carl picks up a machine gun as the cargo truck slows to a stop. He hears voices outside, immediately recognizing Negan's.

"Alright, boys let's get this haul unloaded and inside. I want to go in there and unload a little myself." Negan instructed.

"Negan, need to talk to you about redirect." One of the Saviors informed.

"What about the redirect?" Negan asks.

"It got screwed up. We're on it now but it's a mess out there." the savior explains.

"And whose job was that?" Negan asks.

The men conversed as one of the Saviors got inside the truck, preparing to unload. He picked up the box, unaware that the bottom flap was loose, resulting in the bottled containers falling and breaking, liquid pouring onto the floor.

"Son of a bitch!" The Savior cursed as Carl took this opportunity to take fire. The unexpected shots lead to the Saviors backing away as Carl stood at the edge of the truck.