You can't protect him forever

You and Jackson were sent on a run. You got the food and baby clothes that were requested. The two of you walked back to the prison.

A herd of walkers appeared and there were too many of them for the two of you to take down.

"Awe yeah! Finally some action!" Jack cheered.

"Jack get on my shoulders." You demanded. He quickly did as told and you began to run.

"What are you doing?! We can take them out!" He exclaimed.

"There are too many, Jackson." You replied shooting your arrows and taking down a few. Jack quickly jumped off of your shoulders and began throwing knives at them. Though his aim was amazing, it wasn't enough.

"Give me an arrow." He huffed. Unsure on what this crazy boy had in mind, you gave him an arrow. He began charging towards the herd of walkers.

"Jackson!" You yelled. Before he got any closer, you scooped him up and ran off.

"What's the big deal?! I was going to kill them!" He growled.

"There are too many, Jack! We have to lure them as far from the prison as possible and have them lose track of us." You replied.

"I can kill them." He informed.

"I'm not letting you. There are too many." You repeated.

"But I can do it I swear! Just let me down!" He demanded trying to squirm his way out of your grip.

"I'm not letting you get hurt." You growled. The groans stopped and the two of you looked around.

"I think we lost them." Jack pointed out.

"Good. Now let's go back to the prison." You sighed putting him down.

"Why didn't you let me kill them?" He grimaced.

"I didn't want you to get hurt Jackson." You informed.

"______ I'm not a baby anymore! I can take care of myself! You just don't let me!" He yelled.

***

The two of you walked into the prison. Continuously arguing.

"I don't want to talk to you!" Jackson yelled covering his ears. You took him by the arm.

"Jackson we have to stop fighting and we need to start talking." You said.

"Let go of me!" He struggled.

"I'm not letting go until we settle this!" You yelled. Glenn and Maggie came down from the guard tower to see what the commotion was about while Daryl tried to calm the two of you. Jackson glared at you as he struggled to release himself from your grip.

"I hate you!" He cried out getting out one of his knives and slashing your wrist.

Daryl quickly tackled him while Maggie confiscated his throwing knives. Glenn ran up to you.

"Let's get you to Hershel." He whispered taking you to him.

***

"Well the cut isn't deep that's good." He smiled.
"How did this happened?" Hershel asked.

"We got into a fight." You mumbled.

"What were you two even fighting about?" Asked Glenn.

"He got mad at me because I didn't let him kill some walkers. The idiot doesn't understand that I was just trying to protect him." You scoffed.

"Maybe Jackson's right." Shrug Glenn. You looked up at him.
"You shouldn't baby him too much. I know you protect him because you love him but what if something happens? What if he has to fend for himself? If you always coddle him, Jackson won't be able to." Glenn informed. You looked down.