Gomenasai

"Wait who is the baby going to live with?" Carl asked laying down on your bed.

"Me?" You replied in a duh tone, laying down right next to him.

"I love how we already have a baby on the way and we haven't even moved in together." Carl laughed.

"Well we weren't planning on having a kid in the first place but I guess God had other plans." You chuckled placing a hand on your stomach.

"How come the baby doesn't get to live with me?" He playfully pouted placing his hand on yours.

"Unless you can breast feed our child, he or she is living with me." You smiled.

"I don't even have breast." Carl mumbled.

"Exactly." You chuckled pecking his lips.

"Are you hoping for a boy or a girl?" He asked.

"Whether it's a boy or a girl is the last thing I'm worried about. I just want him or her to be ok." You weakly smiled.

"As long as you're ok, I'm sure the baby will be ok." He reassured.

"We've agreed on a name, right?" You asked.

"Jackson if it's a boy, Sophia if it's a girl." Carl nodded.

"Ok we've baby proofed the house, agreed on a name--"

"All without Daryl finding out." Carl smirked in victory.

"Carl you told me you've known him since this whole thing started. Why are you so scared of him?" You laughed.

"I'm not! It's just that-- with you being his daughter and all... He's just really intimidating." Carl shivered.

"I'm still surprised we baby proofed the house without him asking anything. We covered up all of the electrical sockets, we put a gate in front of the stairs," You began.

"He probably thought it was for Judith or Maggie's baby." Carl shrugged.

"Well that would make sense." You chuckled.

"He's so oblivious." Carl snickered.

"Tell me about it." You mumbled rolling your eyes.

"What's that suppose to mean?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing." You giggled.

"Are you hungry?" Carl asked.

"Always." You chuckled.

"Alright. Let's get you two something to eat." He smiled getting up and stretching. The two of you walked downstairs to see Enid and Daryl eating pancakes.

"It's about time you two woke up." Chuckled Enid.

"I made blueberry pancakes." Informed Daryl.

"There's no blueberries in them." Carl observed.

"We ran out so I made blueberry free  blueberry pancakes." He smiled.

"So... Just pancakes?" Asked Carl.

"Basically." Daryl nodded.

"Wow these are actually pretty good." You complimented.

"Why do you sound so surprised?" Scowled Daryl.

"I'm not it's just that, after living off the land for a while, I didn't think I would ever see another pancake again." You smiled putting another piece in your mouth.

"I miss my mom's pancakes. They're awesome." Carl smiled poking his pancake.

"How did she make them? Maybe I can try and copy her recipe." Suggested Daryl.