The First Day of the Rest of Your Life

"They- they have guns. A lot of them," Tara told.

"What?" Daryl asked.

"That group, um, the woman I met, they have an armory. They have guns" Tara recalled.

"Why didn't you tell us this before?" Rick asked.

"I made a promise, Rick," Tara confessed.

You, Austin, Enid, Jackson, and Carl stood together, weapons ready to fight.

"Do you ever think about who you've killed?" Enid asked, breaking the silence.

"I try not to but sometimes I do," You earnestly told.

"Yeah, I do." Nodded Carl.

"I don't," Disagreed Austin.

"I can't. I have to keep myself alive," Answered Jackson, knowing that it's either him or the walkers.

The group walked together, making their way to the distant land of Oceanside.

"Are you ready if this goes south?" Rick asks.

"It won't." Tara determined.

"If it does, you don't need to feel bad," Rick reassured.

"I do feel bad. I will." Tara nodded. Rick glances over at her.

"Tara... you don't have to."

Outside Oceanside, the survivors set their plan in motion: Michonne climbs a tree, rifle in tow, and assumes her post.

"Once you're up, watch for the signal," Rick instructed.

"What time does the clock start?" Michonne asks, getting in position to climb up the tree.

"Soon as she's in. You good?" Rick asks.

"I'm good enough." Michonne nods as she starts to climb.

Jesus and Daryl set up explosives and keep watch. In a bittersweet exchange, Eric explains he finally understands Aaron's resolve to fight.

"I'm glad you came. I know it's been hard. I know you don't want this." Aaron spoke.

"Didn't want this, but I'm starting to understand what's on the menu now. We can hide like these people, we can keep trying to serve The Saviors, and I can watch you get randomly beaten every so often, or else we can fight. So, here we are. And being with you, well... it makes abject terror tolerable." Eric sighs.

Tara sneaks her way into the Oceanside, being careful to blend in and not bring attention to herself. She hides inside one of the houses until she sees a woman walking in.

"Hi. Stay quiet and put your hands on your head." Tara orders as she points the gun at the woman, Natania.

"We should've just killed you in the village." She scoffed, obeying her orders.

"You're gonna be glad you didn't." Tara retorted.

"You're not alone, are you?" She asked.

"Sit." Tara demanded.

"What do you want?" Natania asked.

"I want you to sit." Tara effortlessly answered. The woman did as told. The creak of an opening door is heard. Another woman enters, carrying a laundry basket, unaware of what is happening literally behind her back. Tara is quick to recognize her. It was Cyndie.

"Hey, Cyndie," Tara spoke, making the young woman jump. She turned around to see Tara, a gun pointed at Natani who helplessly sat on a dining room chair.