• 11: Honest •

Melody

We pulled up to Carson's house and he parked the car in the driveway. While I'd seen it before, I'd never been inside, and there was something strangely nerve-racking about going in. Jeff and Lily got out of the car first, followed by Carson and then me. I blinked away the dizzy feeling I had when I stood up, as I was used to it, and closed the car door behind me.

We followed Carson inside his house and took our shoes off at the front. I was mesmerized by the interior, as it was stunning. The dark wooden floors complimented the cream walls and the golden chandelier that hung from the ceiling. We walked into the living room and I was in love with the modern concept. The walls were white, as was most of the furniture – the coffee table, the television stand, the bookshelf. The dark brown couches complemented the dark floor and there were little gold accents around the room that tied it all together. What I loved the most, was the fact that one wall was covered in large windows and looked out at the trees next to his house.

"Sit anywhere you like; we can work on the coffee table," Carson said. "I'm going to go get my laptop!" He exited the room and the rest of us walked over to the coffee table and spread our collage across it.

I sat on the floor and leaned against the sofa. Lily sat at the other side of the table and Jeff next to her. I was starting to see a trend with them and was wondering if they liked each other.

"So, did you finish the drawings we are adding?" Lily asked.

"Most of them –" I started before Jeff cut me off.

"Oh my gosh really?! What about the rest? It's due tomorrow!" Jeff ranted. I glared at him. He was all quiet and shy before. What was his problem now?

"It isn't her fault! She got into a fistfight!" Lily said.

"Oh really? With who?" Jeff chimed in. Lily started firing some question and the both of them went back and forth. I pressed my lips together until they stopped speaking.

"I didn't, and it might help not to listen to rumours constantly," I said quietly. They were both speechless for a moment, and then Carson walked into the room holding his laptop.

"So, let's get started." Carson came and sat down next to me. He put his laptop on the coffee table and opened it up. "So, Lily, you like Shakespeare! You want to get to work on the written component? Since Melody is good at drawing – Melody what happened to your cheek?"

Damn it. I forgot he was sitting on my left side and it was probably an ugly mark. As if I needed Carson to see me looking ugly again...

"I got hit with a ball," I mumbled, not meeting his eyes. I felt embarrassed once again.

"In gym?" Jeff piped up.

"No, in art class. Now can we focus on the collage?" I insisted. My face was red with the focus of the group on me, and it wasn't the bruise.

We worked quietly, Jeff cutting out the pictures I drew, Carson gluing them, Lily writing and me drawing. The collage wouldn't take that much longer, but I could feel everyone's attention slipping.

"Should I order a pizza or something? I'm getting hungry!" Carson said suddenly. Surprise, surprise; Lily and Jeff agreed, but I remained quiet.

"Carson, where's the bathroom?" I asked, changing the subject.

"I'll show you," He replied, getting up. I got up as well and followed him out of the room and down the hallway. I admired the décor that made the hall look beautiful as we walked. "So, did you want pizza as well?"

I faltered mid-step and I looked at him. "W-what?"

"I didn't want to ask you in front of everyone, but do you? I could order a plain cheese pizza?" Carson said quietly, turning around to face me.