εικοστής δεύτερης

{Present Day}

                                                              Point of View:

                                             ++Pelops/Aaron++(Tantalus's Son)

################################################################################################################################### 

 I don't know what possessed me to kiss her. She just looked so small lying on the floor, and I could feel her terror coursing through her body. I was responsible for this entire mess, and I guess I wanted to show her that she meant more to me than anyone else, and I would never mean for this to happen.

I didn't expect her to kiss me back.

But she did. 

When I kissed her, gently at first, she tensed up. She was shocked. But now as my hand tightens on her hair, and her eyes flutter closed, she begins to kiss me back. Soft at first, and then it begins to match the pace of the rain.

The rain is pounding on my back, her heart is pounding underneath me. She tastes like mocha, and strawberries. 

And then the rain stops all together, and we break apart. I rest my forehead on hers as she blinks her eyes open. She looks up at me, and I can't tell what she's thinking. She gasps a little like a fish out of water. "What..." She trails off and I smile a little.

"I've been wanting to do that since I met you," I whisper into her ear, I watch a faint blush spread across her cheeks.

And then:

"Stage Two: Mental Torture." The sound erupts from the ceiling, and I spring off Dani. 

She looks over at me, and I can see the horror etched in her eyes. "What does that mean?" She stage whispers. Her green eyes are dilated with fear, and it feels like someone reached inside my heart and twisted it with their fingernails. 

I shake my head, "I don't-"

One of the black dots in the wall comes out a few inches. Then a red beam begins at the ceiling and scans the entire room, including our faces. "Scan Complete."

Dani scoots over next to me, eyes wide, and we lean up against the wall. I wrap my arm around her shoulder and look down at her. "It'll be okay," I say.

She takes a deep, shuddering breath and nods. "Yeah. Yeah, okay."

A buzzing noise erupts from somewhere up above us, and we watch in odd fascination as a slip of the ceiling opens on the wall opposite us. A large screen begins to come down, covering the entire wall. The lights all flicker off and it's pitche black for a few seconds before a blue light appears on the screen, illuminating the words, "Mental Torture-Cell Number 8"

Dani presses herself closer to me, and the screen shifts to what appears to be a home video. 

I watch the screen, confused as a car comes into the picture. Dani's fingernails dig into my arm and I turn towards her a little, "What is this?"

She starts to shake like a wet dog, "This is one of my memories."

My eyes widen and I turn back to the the screen. The car keeps zooming down the street, and then the camera thing swings over to a collie in the yard next to the person behind the camera. I feel Dani tense next to me as the dog begins running towards the street.