δέκατος όγδοος

{Present Day}

                                                                    Point of View:

                                {{Dani (The normal human freckled teenage girl)}}

##############################################################################################################################################

"Dani, I have something I need to tell you." 

I grab a spoon from the table and lazily mix it through my tea, before setting it on the table in front of me. Aaron is cracking all the knuckles on his hands, in what seems a futile attempt to calm down. 

Pulling my hair together to make a messy side bun, I manage to squeak out, "Okay."

I watch as he runs a hand through his hair, making it stick up all over. "I don't know how to start," He mutters, looking flustered.

I reach across the table for the tea kettle and pour another cup of tea and shove it towards him. The sleeves of my sweater drag on the table as I pull my arm back. "Why don't you start at the beginning?"

He sighs, and takes a long sip of tea. "That's the problem, I think."

What is the big deal? I don't understand. 

Aaron groans in annoyance before looking up at me, blue eyes boring into my emerald ones. "I'm not exactly..." He fumbles for the word, and I raise an eyebrow in confusion.

"Human."

I can feel the teacup slipping out of my hands, I can see it shattered on the grouned, I can hear it crack wide open.

I can feel him staring at me, see him waving his hands, hear him saying my name.

I can feel my heart beating, see my eyelids fluttering, hear the blood rushing straight to my head.

I grip the table with my fingertips as hard as I can to bring me back. 

"W-w-what?" I finally stutter out. "You're joking right?" I start to laugh-rather hysterically. 

He bites his lip until I watch it turn a purplish-color. "I'm not joking. Look, let me explain, please?"

I stand up in a rush, and knock my chair over. I back up, and in the process step on the remains of the shattered teacup. "Oh holy crap," I hiss as I hold up my now bleeding foot.

Aaron jumps up to help me but I hold out a hand, "Don't."

He starts towards me again, but I run a hand over my hair in frustration, "Just don't." 

Aaron's eyes flash with pain, and I know I've hurt him. But I don't know what else to do. My head is practically swimming right now. What the heck is he talking about-he isn't human?!

I set my foot on a chair and pull the teacup piece out of my heel. "You have one minute to convince me not to kick you out of my house right now. I don't know why I don't make you get out right this moment."

I sit down on the floor, holding my heel, and trying to mop up the blood with a paper towel. 

Aaron grabs a rag from the kitchen and kneels down next to me. I flinch as he presses it to my foot, but I don't make him get up. 

He doesn't meet my eyes when he speaks. "I'm immortal, Dani."

Immortal? Like... "You mean like in mythology?"