Chapter 2: Betting Games

Would you mind if I came over?

Haruna glanced down at the flashing screen of her cell phone, a smile beginning to play on her face when she saw the text from Tomomi. It had been a few days since the first meeting Haruna had had with this girl but the group of four was already becoming fast friends. Mami had a very good judgment of people after all; she always seemed to know just who would make the best friends.

Sure. You remember where our apartment is?

Haruna sat the phone on the soft material of the couch she sat on, leaning her head back onto the back of it as she waited for a response from Tomomi. Haruna was alone in the house seeing as Mami and Rina were both at classes at their respective universities. Haruna didn’t do any of that though; she wasn’t made for the corporate world. She was a free soul. Haruna’s passion was music and she was determined to break into the music industry no matter what, she didn’t have time to waste on universities and whatnot. Haruna’s phone buzzed beside her, attracting her attention again.

Yup. I’ll be over soon, okay?

Haruna could feel a smile snake across her face as she typed a small “sounds good” message to Tomomi. She tossed her phone lightly onto the coffee table in front of her, leaning back into the couch and propping her arms up behind her head. Now it was just a matter of relaxing and waiting for Tomomi to come over and entertain her.

***

“Welcome back to my abode,” Haruna said, leading Tomomi into the small living room. Tomomi had been to Haruna and Rina’s apartment once, but it was only for a few minutes as she waited for them to finish getting ready for a night on the town. This time, Tomomi could see more of the roommate’s small apartment. The living room was very small, no bigger than the size of an average bedroom. It contained nothing more than a medium-sized couch that could sit three and a worn down TV. A small coffee table sat in-between the couch and TV. A medium-sized bookshelf sat off to the left of the room and leaning on it was a black guitar case.

“You play?” Tomomi asked taking a seat on the other end of the couch from Haruna, leaving a large gap in-between them. Haruna glanced up, muttering a small ‘hmm’ before noticing Tomomi looking at her guitar.

“Oh that. Yeah, I play the guitar. Do you?”

“Eh, just a little,” Tomomi admitted turning her attention back to the brunette beside her. “I’m better at the bass.”

“Ah, the baby version of the guitar,” Haruna said with a smirk. She knew that would get to Tomomi and that’s exactly what she wanted. She wanted to have a little fun with her. Tomomi snorted at Haruna’s comment.

“Baby version, eh? Well let’s see the big bad guitarist play the bass,” Tomomi challenged. Haruna chuckled softly, move her body closer to Tomomi as she leaned in closer. Tomomi could feel Haruna’s breath as the two stared eye to eye.

“Is that a challenge I hear, Ogawa?” Haruna challenged back, a devilish smirk on her face.

“Oh that’s a challenge alright, Ono,” Tomomi shot back, an equally devilish smirk on her face. The brunette wasn’t about to let the sassy Haruna defeat her. Haruna let out a soft laugh, pushing herself away from Tomomi again.

“Too bad I don’t feel like it,” she said, waving her hand at Tomomi. The audacity of this girl! But Tomomi liked it. The sassy nature of Haruna only made Tomomi that much more attracted to her. “I’m hungry!” Haruna announced out of nowhere, bouncing off the couch and bounding into the kitchen, not even bothering to ask Tomomi if she was as well.

Tomomi sighed heavily, shaking her head as she leaned back into the couch. That girl was something else. The way her personality and attitude could change in the snap of a finger. Haruna returned only seconds later, setting a bowl of cherries down in the middle of the coffee table.