Chapter three

We reached our destination at about 5.30pm. I walked in. I was totally mesmerised with the decoration.

It was a golden hall with pink and white balloons. It was simple but enough for me to enjoy.

I turned only to see a huge number of people entering the hall. I am sure I don't know most of them.

They took their seats waiting patiently. I got nervous seeing them. I am totally scared of crowd especially when I don't know them.

I heard someone tapping the mike. It was my dad ready to start talking. He started"as everyone know we are here to celebrate my daughter 23rd birthday"blue colour lights turned its direction towards me and so the crowd. My dad continue his talk"Nisha was born on this day 23years back. I still remember the moment when I carried her. She was too small. Tiny legs and hands. Her soft fingers. The way she smiled at me. The moment when she became a part of me"he got emotional and start to cry"and now there she is all grown being 23years and soon going to leave me"he finish his speech. Tears rolled down my cheeks.

His each and every word affect me. His last sentence was true. Would this relation with be the same after my marriage.

I rushed to the stage. I hugged him tight."Pa I will never leave you. Never in my life. You are my everything pa I will be with you till my very last breath pa. I promise"I say crying.

He made me face him. "Baby you have to leave me. You are a girl and its all girls fate. Now you don't cry I just got emotional. Now don't cry for me"he say wiping my tears away.

He brought me to the center of the hall. A chocolate cake was brought near me. "Now lets celebrate her birthday"my dad shout.

Everyone started singing. I blow the candles and made a wish. I cut the cake and fed the first peice to my dad. Next I fed to my mom.

Now its gift time. My dad gave me an envelope. I gave my dad a'what' face. He ask me to open the letter.

It was an appointment letter. Not any but an appointment letter to meet Mr Anirudh Ravichander. I was on cloud nine.

It was for singing in his next film. "Dad"I say with tears.

"When did I oppose your decision my beloved daughter. It is for you. I allow you to sing in the cine field with all my heart"he say lovingly.

I was touched with his words and his love towards me. How can a dad love his daughter more than this.

Next I received gifts from known and unknown persons. I just kept them aside. I still had that envelope from my dad in my hand.

We then had chit-chats and there was a dance session. I found one of my old friends who is single and I start to dance with him.

That night went on. It was such a awesome night. I really did enjoy it. We left the place at 11pm.

We had to take another half an hour of ride back home. Once we reach home I ran inside my room and I locked it.

I pressed the appointment in my hand against my chest. I re-read the appointment letter.

I got a feeling of both excitment and nervousness. Excited to meet my idol Mr Anirudh and nervous that what if I sing wrongly or my voice didn't match.

Just as a sense of tiredness stirke me. I walk up to my bed placing the letter in the drawer beside me.