Chapter one

I walked down the streets of Chennai thinking about what my future is going to be. I walked with thoughts of wheather I should fulfil my ambition of entering cine field or start my aim of social service

One side I see a bunch of kids screaming and playing. On the other side I see poor kids dying in huger.

My thoughts get more deeper. I don't mind any but choosing one is too difficult.

I think over it for a good half an hour. I made my decision. I'm going to do both.

First I should fulfil my ambition then I will do social work. To me money is nothing being the only daughter of a very rich business man and I can easily find a music directer.

I walked back home with that thought. I saw my dad. I was really excited. You may find this silly but that's how I feel as he is hardly seen at home.

I approached my dad. "Daddy I would like to join the cine field and sing"

He replied me"baby why would you like to do that. You know you have to take care of our business after me right"

I sighed knowing that I can't argue with him. He is my dad and he is right.

I went up to my room. I check the time. 10:15pm. At that point of time I noticed something.

The date is 16May which means tommorow is my b'day. I got excited. To increase my excitement my friends are going to come here tommorow.

I moved downstairs to have my dinner. I sat near my dad. He turned his attention towards me.

He had a big smile. I asked him the reason behind his smile. He told me nothing.

I was curious but I didn't ask him more as I am sure he won't tell me that easily.

Dinner was served by my maid. I took a look at the food. They are all my favourite.

We started eating. While eating my dad brought up the topic of marriage. "Baby you know you are 23. I think you need to be married. What do you say?"

"Daddy I am 23 and I am aware of it. I just don't want arrange marriage. I want to fall in love dad just like you and mom. I want to lead a life like both of you with uncontrollable love"

"Hmm. Ok baby but can you faster fall in love. I want to see my son-in-law faster"he said pouting.

I almost choked the food. I drank water. "Dad love don't come like that. It comes when it needs to dad"

"Whatever"i heard him mutter. I smiled at my dad's childishness. We finished our dinner and went to bed.

I slept of thinking about my b'day celebration.

Hi everyone. As stated this is my first book so I need your comments to improve my story.