36

A/N: Read the author's note at the bottom!

A mistake, yes, but my only choice. The gun against Avi's head, sinking in the red sticky liquid, the student unmoving, awaiting his reward, death. There weren't many options for me and what I could do, yet I took the dumbest one. Kicking the gun out of the man's hand I jumped forward to shield Avi with my body. No bullet should perforate him, I would rather die than to witness it. It must've been a move the older guy hadn't expected as he stumbled back and rubbed his aching wrist, the gun sliding across the cold ground to a corner near Scott. If he was quick enough he could grab it and..

"YOU!"

The glory didn't last long, I was pulled off of Avi and slammed against the wall, his large hands tightening around my neck, my vision starting to get blurry as I began to feel the lack of oxygen. The perfect opportunity for Scott to grab my love and run out of here. But he didn't. Instead he shuffled over and took the gun, pointing it at the man with shaking hands and an unsure expression on his face. Pull the trigger, come on Scott! I should've known it wouldn't be that easy.

"You're not the violent type. What would the others think of you if you shot me, hmm? You expect them to see you as their hero? Oh no, a murderer that's what they will call you. Mur-de-rer..."

The voice got lower while ending the phrase and my blonde friend seemed to believe this guy! I tried to croak out some words of encouragment but they wouldn't change Scott's mind now and I knew he had given up on shooting the bastard. My friend has always been the more confident one, always lifting me up when I was down but in these past few days he got weaker, facing the cruelty we never saw happening besides us. It really got to him and the man's words worsened his state of mind. Gaining some strength in my legs I kicked the asshole in the stomach, causing him to fall back and to let out a grunt of pain, before glaring at me with vivid and hate filled eyes.

"Eager I see.."

"Eager for what?"

Landing on my feet  we walked in a circle, like lions, ready to attack one another,. Him getting closer to Scott, me getting closer to Avi. Any other thought could've invaded my mind right now but instead I thought of how all of this had happened. If I hadn't been so interested in Avi, where would I be now? In my home, sitting at my desk to complete my homework and education while the student got beaten up without me suspecting anything? Would I ever get in a situation where life and death were only mere seconds and inches away from one another if I hadn't laid my eyes on the most stunning person I've ever seen on this entire planet? Would I fight for the life of others that actively if I would've never encountered the broken angel now slowing dying next to me? No, I wouldn't.

"Eager to die I assume!"

He lunged forward and I felt the stinging sensation of a punch on my left cheek. My hand moved to cover the aching spot when my other cheek got attacked and I couldn't react in time; my balance disappearing so I fell down, facing Avi who's eyes were nearly closed. My head hit the ground which knocked me uncoscious for a few seconds, giving the older man enough time to focus on my blonde scared friend, the sound of battle ringing in my ears.

"A-avi.."

Tears welled up , blurring my sight when I woke up, my hand reaching out for him, brushing away the blood soaked hair from his eyes to catch the last gleam of life in them. Not enough time...

"I'm so sorry.."

Caressing his cheek I forgot the man charging for Scott, the tall ones battling for the rifle. I hadn't been able to spend any time with the fallen angel and I planned on catching up, with him, for once.

"This is all my fault.."

My voice shook as I spoke the words of guilt. Guilt, the feeling caused by knowing or thinking that you have done something bad or wrong which I definitely have. I could've done so much more for him, I could've changed his life for the better but he didn't want me to.. Why? His trembling hand took mine and removed it from his head, the caress vanishing.

"Why did you choose this? W-why didn't you want my help?"

Shaking his head I knew that there was nothing he could do to explain his actions. That was the way it was supposed to be. His death has been anticipated since the day he was born. He lived to die, that was his purpose. Dead amongst the living and I tried to save someone already doomed.. I gulped heavily and detached myself from him fully, creating some space between us again. Realization hit me harder than I thought. Us being together, his life getting better, the dark clouds dissolving above us. All dreams and wishes my heart made forgetting reality to the fullest. This wasn't meant to be; we weren't meant to be.

"One last wish boy?"

My gaze wandered up and met the man's, him pointing a second gun towards Avi while Scott held the one I've seen before in the man's direction. Both guns loaded, now I could actually see the bullets. Wondering where he got the rifles from I remember seeing the one he was currently holding dangling from his belt.
He had planned this all along. No matter how we would've reacted, he would always be able to shoot us at any second. He knew this was going to end today, somehow but definitely by someone's death. And this someone was supposed to be Avi. The fight I sat up, him strangling me, him showing off his force and the power he had over Avi. Everything was a performance and an act to make Avi suffer more, seeing Scott and me being beaten up because of him, which wasn't true since we decided to help him since the beginning. My eyes darkened and one quick glance and nod towards Scott later I spoke what was on my mind.

"Go to hell.."

I murmured and that was when the first shot fell.

Do you hate me? I don't mind if you do.

A/N: So this book is coming to an end. The next chapter will reveal if they will make it or not. Personally I didn't plan on writing a happy ending to this story but because I don't want to ruin your lives I decided to write two endings, a happy and a sad one. Read whichever you prefer or read both and tell me which one you liked better. Update tomorrow.

At this point I want to thank you all for reading this book. Although it was dark and graphic at most points I enjoyed writing it because I'm a person who has more of a negative spectrum when it comes to creating a story.

If you want to read more just check out my profile. Some of the books on there will end soon as well and I will try to pick up those I've left behind.

ALSO: I will write an AVAM story which will come soon.

See ya'll in the next chapter.

#Yanie