1

A/N: Most of the chapters will be in Mitch's POV

I couldn't sleep. It was less the thought of going to school tomorrow and failing some tests. It was less the thought of dragging myself out of bed and out of my house to my car. It was less the thought of seeing a few students being bullied, because I knew that we, my friends and I, could scare the jocks off and protect the little ones. I couldn't sleep because he was on my mind. There were so many things about him that kept me awake. We had many thin students at our school, mostly girls since boys always relied on staying muscular and big. I'm one of them as well. I changed my entire lifestyle, first because of bullies, then because I wanted to love myself. Thanks to my three best friends I gained some confidence, accepted the way I was and am. I figured early that society is cruel, especially when you're alone and no one can help you... For example I was made fun of my voice. It's higher than everyone elses, sounds like a female one but today I think that my voice is beautiful and unique. Kirstie and I spent hours pranking people and I had fun. I was chubby and struggled with my weight, another thing I was bullied for. Kevin didn't pity me instead he changed his diet with me and we both went to run outside. He's slightly muscular now while I'm way thinner than before and I love my body, decorated it with tattoos as well. I struggled with accepting my sexuality. I feared that my parents wouldn't want me as their son anymore, I feared to be called names, I cried through days and nights. Scott noticed I became distant and he didn't leave when I told him. He stayed, I talked to my parents with him by my side, he introduced me to many guys although it didn't work out with them. Just the fact that he supported me let me gain a lot of strength. I don't know where I would be if it wouldn't have been for them. I was and am lucky to have them and I remind them every day of that, thanking them for making me who I am today.

This boy however didn't seem to have any friends. I know it's wrong to assume he's lonely but when I saw him in the hallway no one stood by him. The look in his eyes showed so much sadness and loneliness, I could feel it from the other end of the hallway.  He didn't come to us, he wasn't sent to us like everyone else and that's one thing that made me wonder, how he managed to avoid us. Out of everything there was one obvious and visible thing, worrying me the most: He wasn't skinny. He wasn't. He looked like he had no meat on his bones. As if he hadn't eaten for years. I could imagine hugging him, he would fall apart, his bones like brittle branches, although I knew that he secretly needed a hug. The bruises on his lip, I hoped that they didn't come from a fight... The frightened look on his face, the way he flinched when we approached him, as if he expected me  to raise my hand and hit him across that beautiful face. For someone so skinny and fragile he had the features of a god. Beautiful big green eyes, staring right in my soul. They contained so much pain, sorrow, fear... I wanted to know why. This boy had awakened my interest. 

I stood up from my bed, walking towards the window. Staring out of it I saw the snow flakes falling, landing on the floor and onto a thin layer of snow. My room was warm but I knew that it was more than cold outside. How come he didn't wear a jacket? Or proper pants without holes? The moon shone and enlightened my room. I raised my gaze and looked at it. I don't know how long I've remained on my window but when I was torn out of my thoughts by my mom, shouting from downstairs so I wouldn't be late for college, I realized I had been awake all night, thinking about him. Thinking about the boy who was so frightened and mysterious I didn't even know how to talk to him without scaring him off. I didn't want to break him but he was probably already too broken to care anymore and that worried me. I gathered my things, headed downstairs and into my car. Turning on the engine I made a decision I didn't knew would change my entire life.

I was going to talk to him, wether he would like it or not...

Thanks for reading, voting and commenting! <3