33

Mitch's POV

Scott and I managed to open the door without creating much noise. Although we knew that Avi and his father were in there we had no clue in which room the student was being held hostage. Well.. hostage is the wrong term since he came here freely. My head hurt due to me thinking about multiple things at the same time. What if questions. So many it would take hours to write them down. Scott decided it would be best if he entered first with the argument that he could shield me just in case the man would attack us. I didn't dare to argue with my best friend, he wouldn't give in, not if this was about me and me most probably dying if I went first. The house was incredibly cold, snow fell through the now shattered windows and landed on a bloodstained carpet in the middle of the living room. The place where I've seen Avi being mishandled for the first time. Checking the area we saw that the coast was clear enough for us to inspect the room a bit further. Guns on the wall right above the window, all loaded and ready to be shot. I gulped heavily as my eyes followed the trace of broken beer bottles until they reached the couch. Different coloured stains marked it and it disgusted me when I understood where they came from or from which act. It horrified me. Pictures fused together in my mind. What Avi had told me, about him being raped multiple times and the stains on the couch. I nearly threw up thinking about that horrible kind of abuse. He didn't deserve that. Behind the couch Scott found a leathery object and instantly I smacked it out of his hands. A whip with spikes at the end, dried blood showing that it has been used before and not only once, but multiple times. Why would someone use it on another person like they were an animal and not worth anything? Avi wasn't a criminal, he never did anything wrong so why the punishment?
We heard the man scream something, his words clear and thick, echoing through the house. Both of our heads spun around and we glared at the staircase which led downstairs to the basement. That's were all the horror movies took place because down there it was harder to escape and nearly no one would hear you scream. Stereotypical? Perhaps, but it was good enough for Avi to get tortured, to let his father beat him senseless and for us to think about how we should manage to rescue him.
Biting my lip I drew blood and I noticed it by the metallic taste in my mouth, making me frown slightly. The red liquid in the livingroom, the floor, on Avi's body. The whole house was drenched in it and I wondered why no one ever called the cops.
Oh right, because of the Satan downstairs cutting their lifelines if they did. I snapped out of my thoughts and blinked a few times, noticing that Scott wasn't there anymore. I spun around and saw him reaching up to take down a rifle, loaded to the brim.

"Put it away!"

I hissed and he jumped slightly, not expecting me to sound that angry, letting go of a second rifle which landed on the floor with a dully sound. My body froze and my eyes widened when the noises downstairs haltered. I began to shake as I slowly walked towards Scott, never leaving the stairs out of sight.

"S-scott, he's coming! We need to hide!"

My blonde friend grabbed my hand and we ran as quietly as possible upstairs. Not knowing where we were going we ran into one of the unlocked rooms and closed the door behind us, spying through the keyhole to see if the man would follow us. My heart beat fast and I slid down the wall to rest a few moments and regain my determination and strength. Scott's fingers fumbled at his shirt, nervous about facing the wrath Avi's father had inside of him. He had placed the rifle next to me on the ground and I eyed it suspiciously.
Would Scott be able to shoot another person? Even if he was the most protective yet peaceful person in the world? Only time would tell.
He tensed up and when I asked what he saw he just shook his head and motioned me to keep quiet, distant footsteps echoed from the walls, indicating the father's presence.

I looked around me and took in the items of the room. A toilet, a bathtub, a shower, a sink..
We were in his bathroom and it looked worse than any I've ever seen. Holes in the walls probably created through punches, pills distributed on the floor, blood smeared everywhere, used and not used condoms scattered in the bathtub.
That's why he was so scared to shower. Scott's home and any home resembled and reminded him of his nightmares and we forced him to step inside a shower and clean himself like a normal person ,but we forgot that Avi's mind wasn't normal but deformed and negative like no one else's in the entire world... 

That being my last thought I saw Scott jumping up and grabbing his rifle, pointing it directly into the father's face.

Thank you for reading, voting and commenting! ♡

#Yanie