31

A/N: Back in Germany ^^

Even though I hoped I could just run in there to rip him from his tormentor my body decided to fail me and I landed on the ground, knees and elbows bleeding due to the impact. Scott's face had lost all its colour as he watched me fall and his reaction was too slow to catch me, staring at me as I laid on the ground, vision becoming blurry, body starting to shiver. He spoke to me, I sometimes saw through the blackness covering my eyes his lips moving but there was a ringing in my ears I couldn't make it stop. It got louder and louder until my physical pain vanished and the only thing I could focus on was the ringing noise. Closing my eyes entirely I hoped to find a way out of it, the wind picked up again and elevated the volume of the sound even more, causing me to scream out in pain and to arch my back because of the ache in my head. My mouth was opened wide and while I tried to get as much oxygen in my body as possible there was no way I could breathe in more.
Everything came to a hold. The wind calmed down, the noise stopped, my muscles relaxed. I even regained my normal sight and as I opened my eyes I saw Scott staring at me with such horror and fright on his face I felt like I've acted out a scene of a horror movie.

"M-mitch?"

His voice was barely loud enough for me to hear, shaking vibrations in the air. Questions formed in my head. Why did that happen? And out of the sudden? What did it mean?
The sound of hands colliding with flesh got my attention and I spinned around to detect where it came from. The house. Avi's house. The place where he lived and would die, soon but not at a certain time. With wobbly legs I stood beneath the wall in the same alleyway we've stood before. Then, when I saw him half dead on the ground, when I took him away from the place he wanted to be.
A hand around my wrist held me back, pulled me away from him, away from my chance to maybe save him.. Scott, his hand was the one preventing me to make a move.

"Are you sure you're alright? Mitch I don't want to loose you, please."

"S-scott.. I can't stand here and do nothing."

He couldn't possibly know about anything what was going through my head. He didn't know that I would rather die for Avi then to see him dead. He didn't know I already planned on marrying him even though he would never want me the way I wanted him. He didn't know that he could try to hold me back but either way I would break through his barrier and storm towards the hellhouse. A loud growl and shouting underlined my fears and nightmares. Avi was going to be lifeless if I didn't act now.

"We will go together. Here.."

Out of his pocket I saw the handle of a knife glistening in the small amount of light falling into the alleyway in which we were hiding. My eyes widened. I never used any kinds of weapons or violence at all. I fought with my words and the tone in my voice but Scott was right. The man who Avi had to call father did not play fairly so we wouldn't either. Imagining the amount of blood I had to see in a few moments made my stomach turn. My blonde friend handed me the weapon and linked arms with me,giving me a reassuring smile before his face showed serenity and focus.
We would do this. We would save him, once and for all.
I flinched everytime I heard the belt colliding with Avi's skin, everytime the man growled and yelled and everytime I saw Avi's dull and bloodshot eyes. He had endured so much in these past few days..

Then I thought about why he went back. He knew that only his father would be strong enough to end his life. My friends and I would've prevented him from harming himself but the older man had no boundaries. Plus Avi knew that his keeper was filled with rage already, expecting the student to be already dead. He would tear him apart, beat and bite him until his dreams would come true and he would see the boy six feet under.

I met Scott's eyes one last time. This was it. We stood in front of the door, my best friend ready to kick it out of its hinges at my signal.

I would save Avi even if it meant he would hate me forever.

Thank you for reading, voting and commenting! ♡

#Yanie