30

The rustling of the wind in the trees as I ran past them to get to Avi was unbelievably loud. The snow had stopped, instead a black cloud darkened the sky, made everyone run back home as heavy rain began to fall. My feet were still hurting, not being able to find any shoes in the short amount of time I spend at Scott's home, but I carried on because he would not be alive if I didn't. It was wrong of me to ruin his plans, I should never interfere with anyone's life, it's theirs and not mine and still I had a say in this. Avi was a part of me, he had changed my mind, everything revolves around him. Him and him only.

After seeing the items on the floor I rushed to get out of the house and to him without a second thought. He knew that I would find them so he must've wanted me to go and save him, right? Or.. no that couldn't be. Why would he want me.. to see him being strangled, cut or shot to death? Why would he want me to see the love of my life vanishing in front of my eyes? The tears burned and made my tired eyes appear even redder than before, my body was aching due to the cold rain draining the little piece of clothing covering my body. It all didn't matter to me. I didn't care if I would run straight into glass or rocks, causing my feet to bleed. I didn't care if I would catch a cold so badly I would've to lay in bed for the rest of my life. I didn't care if I would freeze to death, running through the water while snow still covered the ground. I would get to him and I would save him.

The atmosphere above me rumbled and growled, angry because of my desperate try to run through parked cars and with snow covered containers to prevent someone's death. My breath hitched every now and then, I fely physically ill at the thought of not being fast enough. What if I didn't arrive in time? I didn't want to worry about that now, it would slow me down and I would fall onto my knees to cry and scream out the hurting feeling in my chest. Turning around the corner I recognized my surroundings. Broken windows, crooked ceilings, shattered doors. His neighbourhood. Not long and I would finally see him again.. if it wasn't too late already.

A car appeared next to me as I stumbled over an object underneath my now bleeding feet. I wanted to ignore it but being curious about the vehicle which didn't pass by but accompanied me along the way I gave him some of my attention, turning my head towards it. I met the eyes of a familiar blonde in the driver's seat, blue worried and saddened eyes staring into mine as if he understood everything what was going on in my mind and soul. He rolled down his window and we just stared at one another, my running became slower until I stopped completely and bend forward to catch my breath. I felt a hand on my back, rubbing the cold skin to comfort me, and a few soothing words being whispered into my ear. I didn't pay much attention to them but the tone in Scott's voice did not only calm me but also the weather, the clouds became lighter, the wind became less. The rain kept falling but it wasn't as heavy as before, barely noticeable.

"I'm coming with you. This is not a fight you can win on your own."

"Scott..I.. I don't want you to get h-hurt..."

"And you think I want to see my best friend being beaten to death? No, not in this life and not in the next."

His determination gave me new energy. I stood up straight and looked him right in the eyes, not even blinking once although tears blurred my sight and made me sniff and breathe weirdly. He had been there ever since and not once did he fret or hide when I needed him. This was more about Avi but still he didn't shy away and was willing to help. My heart began to beat again at the thought of not having to go in there alone.

This was my fight but there was no rule I couldn't have some help in it.

The rain had stopped as we turned into Avi's street, a dark cloud hovering directly over the house I wished he wouldn't have entered again. Smacking and beating noises filled my ears and when I clenched my fist and gritted my teeth the anger and fear was not only visible for me on the inside but also for everyone else on the outside.

Thank you for reading, voting and commenting! ♡

#Yanie