9

A/N: Triple for ObsessedwithTivi and ConnieGodfrey22 ! Last one for today girls!

The hour didn't seem to pass. Jazz class has never been my favorite but I couldn't sing so I chose the less painful one, even if it meant being apart from my friends. I spent the entire time staring at the wall, thinking about my nightmare and what the meaning could be..
I've been bullied a lot and I went through a pretty rough time at a very young age. I didn't tell my parents because my bullies threatened me to hurt me even more. When my mom found blood stains on my shirt there was no way for me to deny it anymore. The blood was not even from the bullying, I had a nosebleed that night, but I couldn't hold it in any longer and I broke down. I've never had a broken bone so I didn't know where the cracked spine in my dream came from.. or the cutting of my vocal chords.
The second part of my dream was more plausible. I was basically in his body.. walking towards his house and facing his tormentor. It was truly the worst part of the nightmare because I could actually feel his emotions. The urge to turn back around and run away was tearing at my mind. It hurt the back of my head and it felt like finger nails digging into my skull. My feet dragged me inside as if it was my obligation and I couldn't do anything against that..
The last part was a reflection of my own childhood but what ended my dream made me wonder. Why was he pictured with black wings and on the ground surrounded by his own blood? Was it because I always thought of him as a fallen angel, who had no place in heaven and couldn't find peace on earth? What threw me off was the shot at the end of the nightmare.
Why would someone shoot me if I tried to kiss him?
The bell rang, snapping me out of my thoughts. Everyone had left already, only the teacher and I were still in the room, Scott waited at the door for me. I slowly walked towards him, thoughts crashing down on me as Scott put an arm around me and we walked to the cafeteria where we would meet the others. My eyes were glued to the ground, I heard a few students mumbling behind my back, asking one another why I wasn't as cheerful as always. Ever since I met him I couldn't be cheerful, knowing that he was going through so many bad things at the same time. I never let the emotions of other people influence me, I never cried with Kirstie or was angry with Scott or was annoyed with Kevin. I always stayed strong for them and played their parent. That's why I wanted every new student to come to me, to keep them safe for a while. My friends have never seen me so down and worried since the day my own bullying ended. Nearly eight years have passed since then and I was more than grateful for that.

We reached the cafeteria and spotted Kevin and Kirstie with two extra trays at one of the tables in the back. Scott guided me over to them and let go of me so I could sit down in front of him. I greeted them with a nod and started to play with the fork in my salad while they ate normally. Kevin talked with Kirstie about a subject I couldn't find any interest in and Scott stared at something to his right.
I furrowed my eyebrows because of his intense stare and followed his gaze until I found at what he was staring. Well not what..but who.
He sat there. Head leaning against his hand, eyes dull and bloodshot. I guess he didn't get any sleep either. How could he? I wouldn't be able to sleep after getting the beating of my life and I could only guess that he was not only beaten once a year.. but probably once a day. He wore the same clothes since the last time I've seen him but today they weren't just dirty.. but also bloody in the front. I flinched a little when his eyes met mine but he couldn't hold it for long and quickly blinked away, his face flushed in embarrassment and slight fear. I eyed his cuts and bruises and noticed that there were even more than I remembered. Also he was sitting there without a tray, he didn't eat and I wondered why..

"Be right back.."

I whispered to no one in particular, grabbed my backpack and walked over to him. The walk seemed to take longer than expected, my feet began to feel heavier with each step and my heart beat faster. How would he react? He ran away the last time..
I took a deep breath and stopped in front of him, backpack clutched to my front while I became nervous like a little school boy. He didn't seem to have noticed me because when I spoke his had turned around and he froze.

"Hey.."

Thank you for reading, voting and commenting! ♡

#Yanie