14

I woke up in a bed which wasn't mine. Turning onto my back I felt a burning sensation on my right arm and when I lifted the covers I could see slight frostbites covering my usually flawless skin. Trying hard to think about what had happened I came to the conclusion that I couldn't remember.
How did I even get here?
There was a knock on the door and I didn't bother to announce that I was already awake, I just let them walk in and  sit on the bed.

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

"I don't know."

That wasn't even a lie. I felt so many things at once it was truly overwhelming and I was kind of scared by those feelings. Uncertainty, that's what bothered me the most. I didn't know what went on after hurrying to him, I didn't know anything and I figured that the best solution was to just ask my friends although I feared what they would say. They hung their heads and I could feel some kind of weight pushing down on chest when Scott began to explain.

"We went to see him but we didn't know that he was doomed long before that..."

He told me how the man reacted when I mentioned who I was, how they had to drag me towards the alleyway, how I started to yell at Kirstie and how we hid in the shadows to camouflage ourselves. When he carried on to the next part my brain started to function again and I could see everything flashing before my eyes making me very emotional.

I saw how he laid there, lifeless and bleeding. My attempt to spend the last moments with him although he had already parted. My last wish to be with him, forever even if it meant dying.

"Where is he?"

He didn't die, I have seen his eyes opening, staring back at me in disbelief, as if he had expected to wake up in hell but landed in heaven, seeing an angel in front of his face. I couldn't tell what emotions fulfilled me. It was a mixture of happiness, sadness, anger and hope. 

Happiness because he was still with us and I had the chance to show him how much I loved him by placing a small kiss on his lips.

Sadness because I couldn't get the way he was treated out of my mind and I knew that he was still frightened and hurt.

Anger because of the man, throwing him out of his house as if he was garbage and not a human being. How could a man be so heartless? 

And finally hope. Hope because there was a future before us, maybe together maybe not. Nonetheless I would try my best to heal his wounds and to sew together his broken pieces. He needed it and even thought he might fight against it I would still try to convince him that his future would not be like his past, now that he was free... physically. Mentally I wasn't so sure.

Kevin helped me out of the bed and escorted me towards another bedroom. I had asked them to let me see him, I didn't care what he looked like. I just had to assure myself that he was indeed alive. I felt like throwing up. Why? Maybe because of the sight I was about to face or just the fact that I loved him so much, I couldn't tell which one of those option it was even if  I wanted to.. We arrived at the door and Kevin retreated, leaving me alone in front of it. Taking a few deep breaths I put my hand on the handle and stayed like that for another minute. 

What would he look like? What injuries did he have? Did he wanted me to be there?

I slowly opened the door. The room was enlightened by a single lamp hanging from the ceiling. It wasn't cold per se but I found myself shivering when I entered and closed the door behind me. There he was, still wearing my clothes and bloody. I took a closer look and my eyes started to fill with tears. Why did he have to live with that monster? His pullover was ripped in the front, slashes and cuts underneath the ripped fabric. Red marks around his neck, signs that he had been strangled to the point where a few small veins popped and bleeded from the inside. His face looked relaxed but only because he was knocked out. Blue and blue bruises around both eyes, mutliple cuts on his pale cheek and his plump lips. Those lips I had kissed briefly and loved every second of it.. 

I took another quick glance at his body and noticed something under the fabric which partially covered his arms. I carefully rolled up the sleeves, making sure neither to wake nor to hurt him in any way . When I saw what it was I covered my mouth in shock to keep myself from screaming.

Thank you for reading, voting and commenting! <3

#Yanie