2

I parked my car, turned off the engine and just sat in my vehicle. The snowflakes fell onto the window and I watched them melt and disappear. How easy life would be if we all were just snowflakes, born in one day, gone in another. I sighed and grabbed my backpack, the bell had already rung for the first time, leaving me five minutes to get into college. Kirstie and Scott waited outside on the stairs, cuddled up in their thick jackets, observing every student entering the facility in case there would be a new one.

"Hey girls.."

They smiled when they saw me but noticed my tired eyes straight away, lack of sleep obviously because I couldn't stop thinking about him.

"Hey, you look tired."

"State the obvious.."

I mumbled back and stood beside them, Scott wrapping me in a hug from behind which warmed me a little. The morning was quiet, no disturbances at all. I wondered where he could be and asked my friends if they had seen him, but they didn't know much more. Like myself they wondered about him and started to set up theories of who he might be. Kevin joined us a few minutes later, panting since he ran all the way from the other side of the parking lot towards us. He was always punctual, never missed a lesson but I noticed quickly, that was not the reason he sprinted towards us. His eyes displayed worry and I could tell that something must have happened. I furrowed my eyebrows and put a hand on his back while he tried to catch his breath.

"Kevin?"

Shaking his head repeatedly he pointed to his right, the backside of our college. I made quick eye contact with Scott, nodded and the both of us made our way towards the place Kevin wanted us to go. Kirstie remained with him, at least they shouldn't get detention for being late, and they entered the facility. The snow was falling heavily now and the air got even colder, causing me to roll up the collar of my jacket to keep myself warm. We heard the bell ringing for the second time, there was no going back anymore, and we finally reached the corner. Only one step and we would see whatever Kevin wanted us to see. I mentally prepared myself and looked at Scott for approval that he was ready. He pursed his lips and gave me a thumbs up before we jumped around the corner to find a sceneray we had seen all too often. Three muscular jocks, our college bullies who never learned their lesson, hovered over a curled up figure, kicking it in the stomach over and over again I could swear I heard some bones cracking. Fury washed over me and I leaped forward, ripping one of them away from the injured student. He fell back into the snow and groaned. For a thin person I could be pretty strong when I wanted to. Scott grabbed the collar of another one and jolted him away as well. As soon as they saw who we were they left and ran away from the scenery but one of them remained, clenching his fist and slamming it right into the victim's face. The snow around them was red, dark red. Blood emerged from his body and I could barely look at it. Scott lunged himself onto the last jock and bit him into his hand. Yelping he got up and joined his friends at their escape. Overwhelmed by our fight I took deep breaths and saw my breath in the cold winter air. My mind was blank and my body didn't seem to have any power left until Scott hurried to help the hurt student, groaning on the ground. 

"Oh my god!"

Scott yelled while he scooted closer to take a look at him but the person flinched and covered his face in order to protect himself. I came back to my senses and approached him slowly, keeping a fair distance between us while I got down on my knees.

"We won't hurt you, we promise. Can we see your face?"

I really hoped it wasn't the kid we had to rescue last year. Blake left college for two months after the incident with the bullies and I knew that he would leave for even longer now. I looked him up and down and noticed his clothing. No jacket or scarf, a dirty shirt, his blood all over it. His pants ripped and sewed in some places. My gaze wandered up and noticed several cuts on his arms and hands, some of them bleeding. My heart stopped when I realized who we had in front of us and it wasn't Blake. The clothing, the super thin body, the long hair. This couldn't be him...

"You're safe now."

My blonde friend whispered while I just couldn't form any words. The man let his hands fall into his lap slowly, his head hung low as I noticed that he was crying. His breathing hitched as he tried to stop the pain in his stomach, putting his hands onto it, pressing down a little. My own eyes started to water and even Scott had a few tears shimmering in his eyes. Never has a student been beaten up so badly, never to the point of them bleeding out of their mouths due to internal injuries.

"We need to take him to the nurse.."

I whispered to my best friend when the student's head shot up. His green puffy eyes met mine and I swear I died right then and there. It was him.

Thank you for reading, voting and commenting! <3

Update for : @Youtubersfan