24

Their eyes stared down at me and ate me alive, I could barely breathe so thick was the air around me and in my lungs. Every single one of my limbs hurt, even as I was sitting on a hard chair in the middle of the livingroom. They had set up lamps around me to catch my every movement and I although I knew that they would never dare to hurt me I was frightened. You know these movies  with the good cop, bad cop scenes in them? When the victim gets slapped every once in a while to be truthful while answering? That's what I was experiencing now and I hated it with everything I had inside of me. Kirstie hadn't stopped crying, her face buried in Scott's shoulder and he looked at me as if I had done something incredibly wrong, as if I had betrayed him. I couldn't recall a single thing I've said or heard from Avi which could've made him jealous. Nothing. He shook his head repeatedly, his blond hair covering his eyes with the last time he moved, his watery eyes and tears hiding behind the strands of it. They were hurt, they were shedding tears but being uncertain what caused it I kept quiet and waited for Kevin to explain why they had called me. The letter was obviously the reason. I hung my head and thought about the words on the piece of paper. With shaking fingers we have tried to write down our inner feelings and thoughts in such a way we couldn't say them out loud. He because he couldn't talk and I because there was this force tying up my throat until it was even too hard to gulp. The effects he had on me..

"Mitch, you need to tell us about this."

Kevin stood in front of me and threw the letter towards my feet. My head was still hanging low but my eyes scanned the paper and tears shot out of my eyes. There was no reason why I should wipe them away. If they were allowed to cry so was I. The letter. How did they get it? I remember showing it to Kirstie, wanting to keep everything a secret and just tell her the necessary. Avi certainly didn't want them all to get into his thoughts and soul. I looked up and met her eyes. A twinkle gave away that she was sorry for bertraying me and stealing the letter which I had left behind to rush towards the bathroom. She shook her head and a wave of slight hate came over me. It wasn't the fact that I hated her per se, it was the fact that she had taken it without permission and that she told Kevin and Scott about it.

"You read it, what do you need to know more?"

I muttered. To be honest I just wanted to go to bed and remain there forever. My headache was unbearable right now and their behaviour did not help at all. Where was Avi? Was he still in the bathroom? Oh gosh.. was he alright?! My eyes shone in sudden fear and I blinked towards my tall blonde friend. His facial expression softened when he saw mine but he continued to rub Kirstie's back.

"He's fine. We called Luke to take care of him..somehow."

So not even Luke knew how to handle him? Great. I was the one he needed. He was the one I needed. No one else.

"Mitch, why didn't you talk to us? You could've resolved the mystery and we would've been able to help him a little bit more."

I cut my eye contact with Scott and stared at Kevin. The one who was so rational sometimes it got annoying in an instant. He pulled down his glasses and I fought hard not to look anywhere else but into his eyes. Maybe he would understand how stupid his last sentence sounded.

"Help him more? Kevin not even I  was able to help him enough and you think you would've been able to?!"

I stood up with the sudden fury overcoming me. I was so angry. At anyone, at the world, at myself. Scott let go of Kirstie and stepped closer, holding out his hand.

"Mitch, calm down we just.."

"Don't touch me!"

I glared at them. A fire rising in my chest. I leaned down to grab the letter and when I stood up straight again I spoke with such authority it even shocked myself.

"You all had NO right to read this! It was between Avi and I! Something he wanted only me to know, for now at least and you ruined it! He won't trust me or let me get near to him just because you stupid ass***** thought it was the right thing to do! I didn't tell you because it's him who should've requested it first! If you don't want to handle this mystery then go and leave us alone!!!"

My anger build up to the point where I burst into tears. 

Thank you for reading, voting and commenting! <3

#Yanie