Keeping Midnight

"We don't need her all she has done is gotten in the way, got captured, made Batman seriously mad, and then just disappeared. If she stays then she is here not constantly coming and going." That was from Beast Boy, normally quite and funny but now, well, not so much.

Nightwing, "Look I understand most of you don't like her but we have to deal with her. We have an upcoming recon mission on what we believe to be human experimentation. Normally this would not be League or Team business but we recently got intelligence that it's related to kobra-venom, Vandal Savage, the rest of the injustice league, as well as Bane." he paused to let it sink in a little, "and Midnight is coming with us."

Half the room erupted into chaos.

"...After the stunt she pulled..."

"...Should not come..."

"...Why is she even here..."

"...She shouldn't..."

"...I don't want to go with her..."

"...replacement for Robin..."

It was still Tigress comment that stood out the most, "We should at least try to accept her, she did almost die." then mumbled to herself, "More than once."

Superboy, who just had a sour expression on his face, looked up at Tigress, is super-hearing was helpful at most times just not now, "What did you say?" everybody looked at him. "Tigress."

Everybody looked at her, she didn't look whelmed, "I said we should give her a chance."

He glared at her, but that wasn't very different from most everyone else in the room, "You said more than that, what did she tell you?"

Tigress looked upset and like she got caught doing something wrong. "I... um,"

Superboy, "You said she had almost died, more than once."

Tigress looked down, "She said she didn't want anyone to know." her voice was quite.

Nightwing gave her a sympathetic look, and bent down next to her on the couch. "If it helps us and her you should tell us, or at least someone." he looked up and nodded in the direction of the others, only M'gann stayed in.

Tigress, "she said she was used as a lab rat in some compound and that she doesn't have half of her brain."

Nightwing looked astonished and turned to M'gann, "Did you know about this?"

M'gann, "I only knew that there was a lot of fear, anger, and other thing that I couldn't see it all. There is just so much emotion in her. I didn't go anywhere deep just as far as I go with any of you."

Nightwing, "What else did she tell you?"

Tigress, "She said something about the people at the compound killing her family, and she only cared about one person. I don't remember anything else."

Nightwing, "OK. We won't tell the rest of the team yet but they will have to know sooner or later. And we still have a mission. We leave in an hour."

Tigress and M'gann nodded, "OK."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi sorry that tool so long. I didn't have access to a computer for almost a week so I couldn't write and this was a little more complicated than other chapters. I will hopefully have another chapter out in the next couple days. I have a really great idea and can't write it down fast enough, if you have any ideas you want to see or just like it I respond to comments :)

Stay Whelmed :)