Tuesday...Again?

The Watch Tower was emptying out slowly as over 5,000 people had been in it. Somehow though Midnight (Karra) didn't feel right she had stayed in one corner of the room and watched everybody. She had noticed more than a few things about different people, like how the workers would only talk to the Super-heroes if they were talked to first by them. And how people tried to stay out of the way of Martian Manhunter and the Hawks (those two always had their weapons on them, no matter the occasion, ) or how whenever Superman, her father-Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, or Martian Manhunter, walked, (or in Flashes case ran) by they showed respect to them. 

They must be the leading 7 she thought to her-self  Father told me that he was a part of the original members that founded the League. 

An hour after the 'party' (what she personally liked to call it, she had never been to a real one) was over there were still a good number of people there. She guessed at least a couple hundred, some of them still worked here over the night shift, and others wanted to talk to those left. As she gazed out from her corner she saw Superman, her Father, and the other 5 going off together down a hall she hadn't seen on the fourth level above where she was. After they had gone around the corner she jumped from floor to floor silently, so that nobody would see her. Once she was up she looked to where they turned, into a room just for the seven of them. After the door was closed and she strained to hear that they all sat down, she crept down the hall silently to listen outside the door. I won't leave my Father, no matter where he goes. 

The first thing she could hear by the time she got to the door was Superman yelling, she didn't need to be by the door to hear that though. "You want her to do what?"  Well, they are obviously talking about me. "No one trusts her, least of all us, we don't even know what all she knows, about us about them. And now after that you want her to join the team!" There was a pause in his speaking, she guessed it was her Father, "No I don't, won't let her on the team, not until something happens!" He's getting angry, she let a smug smile spread on her face,  I like it when people are angry.

"Superman," Sounds like Green Lantern, military history, middle of three siblings dad died when he was young... She rattled other information in her head while listening to the continuing conversation play itself out.

Superman, "What?" still so much anger.

GL "Getting angry will not help, I don't agree with this anymore than you do."

Superman took a deep breath in and let it out, she could imagine him pacing around inside the room, "Fine, we'll do what we do every other time when something happens, we'll take a vote."

He's not as angry now , none of them are.

Martian Manhunter, "I do not believe this is the right time and place to do that."

Midnight imagined everyone looking at him wondering what he was thinking.

Flash was the one to put it out there first, "What do you mean by that?"

Martian Manhunter was quite for some time before answering the question, "I don't know but something, or someone, is using, feeding, off your emotions, I can only feel something draining, from all of us."

Superman, "So your saying that someone knows we're having a meeting and is sucking the energy out of us?"

 Good, there is confusion with the anger.

MM, "I don't know exactly but something like, " he cut off abruptly.

Midnight went through what she knew of Superman, flight, superhuman strength, x-ray vision, heat vision, cold breath, super-speed, enhanced hearing, and near-invulnerability, wait x-ray vision! She silently ran down the hall, jumping down the stairs she landed back by the corner where she was before.

"And just where have you been little Mis. Runaway?" It was Nightwing

Midnight turned around, still having her face betraying no emotion as to what had happened only calculating what her chances of getting away without being caught, that number was going down drastically with Nightwing showing up. Even though he was 5"10' and she was only 4"1' and had to look far upwards to meet his eyes her presence spoke as much as his height.

"Well, I'm waiting for an answer."

He's impatient... I guess I can use that. "Fa," Can't say that around him. "I am waiting for Batman, we were going to leave soon but he isn't here." The lie rolled easily off your tong, you had been doing that for years you could lie to a lie-detector machine and not get caught.

"And why am I inclined to not believe you?"

There's no way, not unless he saw me.

"I watched you jump down four stories in less than two seconds, that is almost the Flash's speed."

So I am getting faster.

"What were you doing up there?"

Midnight decided to go with a response that had worked very well when she was in the compound. "I haven't been here before is there a reason I can't have a look around," she took on a sweet non-threatening tone, "I was also looking for Batman, he isn't down here and I saw Flash and Aquaman going up there so I thought he might be there as well." Her tone now shifted to a slight embarrassed level, she used her right arm to hold her left and finished talking, "I was also looking for a bathroom." That had worked almost every time, say you're looking for someone in a new part you haven't been to before and looking for a bathroom there, they always fell for it. Unfortunately Nightwing wasn't as dumb as all of them, but that means your lying can just get that much better.

"And what if I still don't believe you?"

At that moment Superman, followed by the other six, came out flying or running down however they could. Batman Stood at the railing and just looked down at the scene played out.

Superman "What were you doing outside the meeting room?"

Anger, so much anger, and... and what disappointment, pleasure? There is something else there, what is it?

Nightwing, "I asked her the same thing except I wasn't that specific."

Superman looked from Nightwing to Midnight, "Well, what were you doing?"

Midnight decided the same story was the best way out, "I was looking for Batman, we were suppose to leave now, I couldn't find him but I saw some of you going up there," she pointed up to where Batman was still standing, "So I thought he might be there too," she took on the embarrassed look again, "I was also looking for a bathroom."

Superman looked to Nightwing for conformation, he nodded, but also said, "I don't believe her but that's the same story she gave me."

All the emotions vibrating off of them, anger, disbelief, hate even, disappointment, and grim pleasure. That's what I couldn't find before.

Martian Manhunter, "It's back, it's like a parasite, feeding again."

Now Midnight was allowing an emotion to show, shock, Could that be me, do I have a mental ability? "What's feeding?" to them is could be the curiosity of a young girl but she knew that only some of them would fall for it, most would see through it, she cursed herself for being weak in a moment where she couldn't be.

At that moment Batman appeared beside her, "I need to leave," Then to Midnight, "Let's go."

He's angry at me? No, no he can't be mad at me, I was trying to help,  he can't be mad! If I know what they want I can give it to them, I can be where he wants me. He can't be mad for that!

Superman, "I really don't think that now is the best time for you to leave, there are some explanations that are needed, and they are needed now." It was spoken with the authority and force of a parent talking to a child who continually broke the rules.

Batman replied with a controlled response of, "Would you like to stop the Joker from covering Gotham in laughing gas," Superman was taken aback, he knew the Joker was mad but he, none of them understood the craziness of Joker.

Superman, "Fine, but this conversation is not over."

All the anger, 'I want to stay here' She thought about telling Batman she wanted to stay but it would only hurt him further. If only I can make it up to you Daddy. What do you want me to do?