Chapter Thirty: Secrets Revealed Part 2

The final chapter of this book. ^_^. I hope you guys have come to love the book as much as I have. Who knows? I just might write a sequel to this one. But I got to feel the love.... Please tell others about the book, drop a comment or a message to me because I love to hear from you. Love you guys and here we go.....

Chapter 30

"Yo Jamal man. What's up?  Why are you and Lola taking so long?" Hakeem went through the door, followed by Cookie, Becky, Lucious, Andre, and Rhonda.

Jamal sighed. "Cori isn't here. I don't know why and she isn't picking up her phone."

Everyone groaned as Lola came out of Cori's room. "Daddy, Daddy! I can't find her. She's lost!"

Jamal sighed and kneeled down in front of his daughter. "Cori is probably fine. Maybe by her mom. Cori should be home tonight."

Lola interrupted her father. "But you don't know that for sure."

Jamal closed his eyes in tiredness before opening them back up again to face his little girl. "Sweetie look. Grandpa wants to celebrate. You don't want to hurt Grandpa's feelings do you?"

Lola pouted and shook her head fiercely. "No daddy."

"Then let's go baby girl. We'll look for Cori later."

Jamal stood up and extended his hand for Lola to hold.

Lola hesitated. "But daddy....."

Cookie interrupted, stooping next to Lola. "Look baby, Cori is a big girl. She'll be fine. And if anything happens to her, me and your daddy will go get her real quick."

Lola stood her ground. "But what if your too late? That's my only mommy now." With that,  Lola ran to her shared room with Cori and closed the door.

Jamal rushed after Lola but the door wouldn't budge. 

Jamal groaned again. "She locked it. Look y'all, I'm sorry. If you want, just go on without us."

Hakeem sat on the couch besides Andre, Rhonda, and Lucious. "Nah bro. The dinner won't be the same without you and Lola."

Becky sighed. "Exactly. Besides, I'm a little worried about Cori. She never not answers her phone."

Jamal nodded and looked towards his mother, who looked uncomfortable. "What's wrong Mom?"

Cookie winced as everyone turned to her. "Nothing Jamal....just thinking."

Jamal looked at her, feeling something was not right. "About what?"

Cookie tried to shrug it off. Finally she surrendered with a groan and blurted out. "She'spregnantwithyourbaby!"

Everyone turned to her confused. 

Jamal chocked. "Mom say that again. This time much slower."

Cookie grimaced. "Cori asked me to let her tell you after she went to the doctors, but she kept stalling and I can't keep secrets from you. Cori, well er, she's pregnant with your baby."

Jamal paled and slowly let his back hit the wall and slide to the ground. 

This news astounded the Lyon family and Becky.

"What?" Becky gasped, shaking her head , not quite getting it. Hakeem also seemed stupefied.

Rhonda's eyes were wide and Andre's mouth turned into an unbelieving o. 

Lucious had his hand over his mouth, not saying anything, while staring at his middle son with amused eyes.

Jamal felt like someone had taken a bucket, no a truckload, of bricks and dumped it all on him at once. Why didn't she tell him something like this?