Chapter Sixteen: Surprise Visit

Chapter 16

JAMAL HEARD HIS phone ring and put down his guitar.

"Hey Becky. What's up?" Jamal answered.

"Your Dad wants to talk to you." Becky said, getting straight to the point.

"What?" Jamal asked shocked.

"Lucious wants to talk to you at his house."

Jamal hung up the phone. He better go see what Lucious wanted.

THE DOOR WAS opened by Juanita, Lucious' housekeeper. Lucious hired an old black woman and paid her well.

Jamal sat down in the dining room, opposite of Hakeem, who had his feet propped up on the table.

"Hey bro." Jamal said, pulling out his phone.

"Sup? You know what Dad wants us here for?" Hakeem asked, lifting his shades and eyeing Jamal.

Jamal stretched. "Beats me. You talk to him more than I do." Jamal smirked with attitude.

Hakeem smirked as well. "Maybe Dre will know since he all up under Dad's ass."

Jamal laughed with Hakeem.

"Did you get the humus Rita?" Andre said entering the room. The boys instantly stopped laughing. Jamal placed an earbud in his ear and Hakeem sucked his teeth, pulling his shades over his eyes.

"Good afternoon gentlemen...Mal how's your friend?" Andre said coolly in his crisp educated tone, sitting down.

The boys ignored him, and Jamal turning up the volume.

There goes Mr. Wharton. Jamal texted Hakeem.

Hakeem smirked, laughing silently. He sound more like Rhonda each day. Hakeem texted back.

I wish he'd take a break from work. 'Good afternoon gentlemen.' Jamal texted.

He still think he talking to his board of directors. 'How's your friend Mal?' Hakeem replied.

I wonder if he remembered what I talked about last time.

Ask him. Hakeem texted, putting his phone down, ready for the mini-show.

"Yo man, how come you bailed on me and Michael for dinner?" Jamal glanced at Andre.

Andre shrugged, eating a carrot. "I forgot."

Jamal sucked his teeth again. "Sure you did. It's always something."

Andre looked at him defensive. "I said I forgot!"

Jamal rolled his eyes. "It's whatever man." He rubbed his head as Lucious walked in with a spring in his step.

" He rubbed his head as Lucious walked in with a spring in his step