Chapter Seventeen: Bad Mama Jama

Chapter 17

JAMAL WATCHED HIS mother, in her white fur, tight leopard print dress, and printed pumps. If Jamal went anywhere with his mother, the paparazzi would be all over her. Cookie needed a change of scenery and look.

Forcing her in the car, Jamal started driving.

"Where we going Mal?" Cookie asked, looking out of the window at New York in wonder.

Jamal looked at his mother with a skeptical look on his face. "You're famous now. You're Lucious Lyon's ex-wife and the mother of his sons. No offense ma, but that outfit has got to go. I love your look, you love your look, but the paps are going to have a field day with you."

Cookie looked down and sighed downhearted. "What am I going to wear? What do they even wear now? Do they even wear clothes? I mean look at Nicki Minaj, Beyoncé, and Ciara."

Jamal looked back at her, surprised that she knew about Nicki Minaj and Ciara. "Well, I know someone who could do your make-up and hair. As for clothes on the other hand, she could probably help out too."

Cookie looked at him laughing. "You mean to tell me you two queens are messy, don't dress up all the time, and know nothing about makeup and clothes?"

Jamal chuckled. "That's a stereotype mom. I know nothing about women's clothes."

Cookie eyed him. "Don't look like you know nothing about guys clothing either. Jamal, how many pairs of jeans you got in your closet? What about t-shirts? You talk about the paparazzi having a field day with me, but baby you got to upgrade your look too."

Jamal rolled his eyes. "Today's about you mama. Keep it that way."

Cookie slapped him in the back of his head, chuckling.

Jamal pulled up to Cori's school.

Noticing someone else was in the car, Cori automatically sat in the back. "Hi Mal. Hi um..."

"Cookie

"Cookie." Cookie turned around, eyeing her. "I'm Jamal's mother."

Cori looked at her stunned. "N-nice to meet you ma'am." She said feeling immediately intimidated.

"I ain't no ma'am. I ain't old sweetie. Just Cookie." Cookie looked at Jamal. "She the one going to do my hair and makeup?"

"If she says yes." Jamal looked back at Cori.

"Yeah. Sure. We just got to buy some stuff." Cori touched Cookie's hair, eyeing her clothes. "What look you going for?"

"Prints." Cookie blurted.

"Classy." Jamal spoke up at the same time.

"So a classy hood look?" Cori asked.

Cookie and Jamal nodded.