Chapter Thirteen: Good Enough

Chapter Thirteen

With a swift motion, he pulled Jamal back by the collar and threw him against the brick wall.

"I said, what in the damn hell is going on in here?"

Jamal and Michael remained silent. Jamal looked at his father in fear, his eyes resembling a deer in headlights.

With quick fluidness, Lucious raised a fist and punched Jamal in the face, catching the edge of Jamal's mouth.

"You...punk...little bitch..." Lucious shouted over and over as he attacked Jamal.

ANDRE HEARD THE commotion coming from the balcony and he was sure his guests would hear as well

ANDRE HEARD THE commotion coming from the balcony and he was sure his guests would hear as well. Probably some drunkards having a last drink.

He looked around the room. The only people who were missing was Lucious, Jamal.... and Jamal's boyfriend. Andre sucked in a breath.

Damn...

He walked over to Hakeem, pulling him by the ear. "Where's Mal? Dad's missing."

Hakeem shrugged. "He went out somewhere with Michael." Hakeem's eyes widened. "They've been gone for a while."

Hakeem set off running, Andre right behind him. They stopped when they arrived on the scene.

The boyfriend, Michael, was watching in fear as Lucious beat a bloody Jamal against the brick wall.

They couldn't move.

"What's going on?" Rhonda appeared behind him. Becky, Anika, and Cori appeared with her.

Everyone looked paralyzed as they looked on.

Something snapped in Cori.

"Stop!" she shouted. She ran towards Lucious and pushed him. Hard. Surprisingly hard. "Stop! Are you crazy? You are going to kill him! Take your hands off him." She glared at him menacingly.

Lucious looked at her surprised. She actually pushed him. This little girl had... "It ain't right. He deserves it."

Cori was helping Jamal up and turned instantly on Lucious. She slapped him.

Jamal looked at her with wide eyes, er, with the one that wasn't swollen. The women gasped and Hakeem and Andre tensed instantly.

She was surprising herself tonight. She actually slapped Lucious Lyon.

"Even though I think you are a heartless bastard, it doesn't give me the right to put my hands on you." Cori said eyes flashing and taking deep breaths. "It goes the same for you. Your unnecessary opinions don't give you the right to beat your son." She turned to Jamal. "Come on Mal...let's go."

Hakeem was instantly by Jamal's side, helping him up.

Cori turned to Lucious one last time, her eyes fiery, as she pointed a finger at his chest. "If I ever find you hurting him again, I'll beat you myself. That ain't no threat. That's a promise."