Chapter Eighteen: Another Surprise Visit

Chapter 18

LUCIOUS LYON HAD done it again. Despite all the help Jamal had given Hakeem in the song Right There and showing Lucious what capabilities he had, Lucious Lyon had decided to ignore him. Again.

"I'm not about to wait another near two years for him to finally realize that I'm his son!" Jamal said, pacing as Cori wiped down the tables.

She stopped. "Well than don't."

Jamal looked at her. "Well thank you Mistress Obvious. Any other ideas?" he asked sarcastically.

Cori threw the towel at him. "Rude ass. Just listen for a second." She straightened up, walking towards him. "What is it that your father loves the most?"

Jamal rolled his eyes. "Not me. That's for sure."

Cori groaned. "Besides that stupid."

Jamal thought. "Well there is his pride, as in his ego and family. But before that is his Empire and his money."

"Good." Cori stood in front of him. "Steal it."

Jamal chuckled, confused. "What?"

"Steal his thunder, take his Empire and his money, and show him whose boss. Once you take what he loves, replaces it with yourself, he is bound to see you."

Jamal nodded thoughtfully. "Yeah...but how?"

"Put out another album. This time with your mother as the producer. Come out, and all of those will hurt his ego. Boost up album sales. Show him that you are capable of running Empire."

Jamal sighed. "I...don't know...that sounds..."

Cori looked at him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Just think about it Mal."

"Fine."

STRIKE THREE

STRIKE THREE. AFTER performing Up All Night for his father, Jamal realized how petty his father really was. All of that holding Lucious' money over his head because of his sexuality was stupid. Jamal glared at his father.

"Yeah sure. I sang that song because I love you, and you just spat in my face."

Lucious looked tired and frustrated. "I'm not spitting in your face son." Lucious lifted his hands in frustration. "I didn't raise a little girl Jamal. Now I see the son that I raised as someone's little bitch. Jamal, I don't understand you."

Jamal stared at him, the anger, hurt, and rejection pent up, coming out, all aimed at his father. "YOU DON'T HAVE TO UNDERSTAND ME..." Jamal stared at his father, the father he so desperately wanted to love him. "You don't even have to have anything to do with me. I'm a man. A MAN. SO you can keep whatever you think Lucious Lyon owns. I don't need it."