Chapter Twenty-Four: No Love

Chapter 24

It was late when Jamal stumbled into the house. All night, he was jamming out and drinking with Hakeem on a new song.

Jamal flipped on the lights to see Cori in the kitchen. She was in tank top and shorts. She turned to him, her unruly curly hair all over the place. "Hey Mal."

Jamal smiled and wiped her hair to the side. "How do you sleep at night with this in your face?"

Cori shrugged. "It never stays down, not even in a hair tie. I can't stand it."

Jamal smiled, smelling her hair. "Well I love it."

Cori eyed him. "You've been drinking haven't you?"

Jamal shrugged and leaned against the kitchen counter. "Yeah with Keem. Working on another song that Dad will never listen to."

Cori looked at Jamal. His shoulders were slumped. "Jamal, you can't go through your life being depressed about Lucious. I know that's your father and you love him, but-"

Jamal turned to her, instantly shutting her up with a fierce kiss. "That's rich Cori...coming from you. Your mother has thrown you out and you are still hung over about it. You love her and that' never going to change. Don't be a hypocrite Cori."

Cori looked at him, eyes glowing. She wiped her mouth, breathing hard. "Yeah I'm the hypocrite Jamal. Didn't we have this talk on no romance between us? That includes kissing and physical touch. If I remember correctly, you are the one who insisted on remaining gay. Last time I checked, I'm not a man."

Jamal chuckled. "Yeah you're right. We are both hypocrites then."

Jamal turned serious. "But last time I checked..." He began kissing her neck with each pause. "We both... liked it...and... I need a distraction...right now..."

Cori closed her eyes and sucked in a breathy moan. She bit her bottom lip. This would only lead into more trouble between them.

As if reading her thoughts, Jamal slid his strong arm around her waist, causing instant warmth to rush down to her soaking core. At the same time, he kissed her behind her ear.

Cori sighed. "Jamal..." she moaned, reaching up towards his shoulders to push him away. She stopped the instant he began sucking the crook of her neck. Why did he know all her weaknesses?

Jamal moved up to her lips and began kissing her roughly. Cori gasped into the kiss and began moving her lips in rhythm with his.

He moaned in agreement with her action of permission and wrapped her legs around his waist.

Cori gasped as he clutched her ass cheeks. He looked at her mischievously and continued kissing her.

In the midst of their heated make out session, Jamal walked over to his bed, carrying Cori. He walked up the platform, still kissing her and flung the both of them on the bed, and began to peeling off her clothes...

"What the hell is this?"

Jamal heard someone, more specifically his mother –Cookie- shouting at him. He opened his eyes tiredly. "What mom?" He yawned.

"Why is she in your bed? And why are you two naked? I knew you two were doing the nasty. Didn't you come out only weeks ago?" Cookie continued to ramble. Jamal looked at Cori, who was resting comfortably in the nook of his arms.

Jamal cursed himself. How on earth did his mother get a key inside? "Mom...it's not what it looks like..." he paused, looking at his mother's raised brow. "Ok...It's exactly what it looks like. But don't go making assumptions. We aren't in love. It's just casual stuff. And don't tell Dad. I don't need him breathing down my back."

Cookie smirked, pointing her finger at Jamal. "Aright. Fine. I'll be back in two hours. And you better have that damn song ready." After hitting Jamal over the back of his head, Cookie sashayed out the room to the elevator.

Jamal breathed a sigh of relief and turned to Cori, burying his face in her hair and wrapping his arm around her warm body.

Cori pulled away.

Jamal looked at her, eyebrows cocked. "Morning Cori."

Cori sit up, glaring at Jamal. "Just casual sex?" she demanded.

Jamal sighed, rubbing the back of his head. "Look Cori...I didn't mean it like that."

Cori moved away, wincing as she moved to stand up. "Yeah, maybe I don't understand being your nasty dirty little secret."

Jamal wrapped his hands around her waist, pulling her back. "Wait...You aren't my secret. I just can't tell anyone just yet. When I prove to my father that I can do what I can without conforming to his wishes, you will no longer be a secret."

Cori sighed, leaning against Jamal's strong chest. "Promise?"

Jamal smiled and kissed her forehead and nose. "Promise."

Cori giggled and Jamal hummed in bliss. "So what do we do now Jamal?"

Jamal grinned mischievously. "Well now," he began to kiss her body again. "We've got two hours to kill. I know what I'm going to do."

Cori laughed as Jamal lied her down on the bed, getting on top, and pulled the covers over their heads.

This is great everyone. Only 6 more chapters until this book is over. What would you like to see in the next few chapters?

Questions for this chapter.

-Do you think that Jamal is avoiding the issue?

-If so, what should he do/decide?

-Is Cori stupid for letting him string her along?

-Should Cookie keep her mouth shut?

-Would this affect his career?

: