Chapter Two: Who is it?

Chapter 2

Jamal Lyon? Corisande looked confused as she entered her shared threadbare apartment. There was a small living room, filled with alcohol bottles strewed all over the room, a kitchenette, with loose cupboard doors hanging off its hinges. The only place that was clean was her area that consisted of a curtain that surrounded her futon bed and a suitcase full of clothes and other personal necessities.

Who's that guy and why does he sound so familiar? Corisande thought while putting all the alcohol bottles into a garbage bag.

She hummed to herself a song that came on the radio often. The radio station was a black R&B station that liked to play songs from the '70s, '80's, '90s and early 2000s. She loved the station. Say My Name was playing and Corisande began to sing the chorus.

Say my name, say my name

If no one is around

Say baby I love you

If you ain't running game

Say my name, say my name...

Corisande stopped singing when she heard a rustle coming from her mom's room. "Hey Momma. Are you up?" Corisande asked carefully.

"Yes I'm up 'chile." Corisande's mother, Tia, grumbled as she stumbled into the room. She surveyed the room and kicked a nearby glass bottle Corisande's way. "Why ain't this place cleaned yet?" she blurted out.

"Sorry Momma. I'll finish." Corisande moved lithely to quickly put away all the bottles in the garbage. "I'll just go and take this out to the trash Momma." Corisande said breathlessly, which was acknowledged by a grunt. As she finished her work, the DJ spoke.

"Here's a throwback from the king of R&B, Hip-hop, and his very own Empire, Lucious Lyon, with You're So Beautiful."

Corisande smiled. This had to absolutely be her favorite song. She hummed along happily.

You're so beautiful

Got me watching you like a camera dude

I'll still wait for you...

Corisande sighed as she walked over to the dumpster. A few people were there, but she politely nodded and continued on her business. Wait a minute...

Lucious Lyon.....Jamal Lyon....Was there any connection there?

Corisande shrugged. Oh well if she had met Lucious Lyon's son, Jamal, that would be the closest she ever got to a celebrity and most likely, she'll never see Jamal again....so what?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Words: 383

A short chapter, but a necessary one. A lot of the music will come from both seasons from Empire and a few real life favorites.

· Say my Name by Destiny's Child

· You're So Beautiful (90's version) by Lucious Lyon

- Who is it by Michael Jackson

This book should be done in like some 30 (maybe) chapters. Please don't forget to comment, subscribe, and vote. The characters from Empire are not mine and neither is the music. The only thing that is mine is the story line and some characters. I'm sleepy, so I'm going to go to sleep. Look for the update coming next week.

P.S: Would anyone like to do a cover for me? Please and thank you.

Reneejada