Final Chapter

A/N: Last chapter :( I'm sorry it took me so long. As some of you know (if you're following me) my computer is broken and I need to get a new one. For this reason I had to wait until my brother lent me his so I could write this. Unfortunately he gave me a certain amount of time so I had to write this in a rush so is not as good as I wanted it to be. I still hope you enjoy it and thank you so much for reading and supporting me and my writing. Please let me know if you liked it, by commenting or voting on the chapter. Feedback is necessary for improvement ;) Love you guys, enjoy! :)

__________________________________________

Final Chapter

Liz's POV

"Are you a witness protection agent?" Nick asked once again.

I stood stunned, unable to comprehend how on earth he had found out. To add to my bewilderment, Nick's older brothers walked through the front door as if they owned the place. What the-

"I can see you guys failed to listen to my instructions. You were to wait for me to explain everything to Nick and then you could talk to your brother" my father seemed a little irritated and something told me it wasn't the first time the two older Jonas' brought that emotion out of him.

"We're sorry, sir. We couldn't have guessed that he would care about knowing about your daughter's involvement in this more than he would care about the imminent danger he's currently in" the one I knew was Joe, replied. 

"Don't put this on my brothers, all they did was tell me the truth. Unlike all of you" he did not take his eyes off me while saying this and the hurt and anger in his eyes was enough to twist my insides into painful knots. 

"Nick, I-" but I shut my mouth. What could I say to make this better? My options weren't many.

"Nothing to say?" his voice was very controlled and instead of making me feel better, it only served to make me feel worse. Because I knew what it meant. The look in his gaze was very similar to the one I saw when he first got here. Back then I didn't know him. I couldn't figure him out. But it's been a while since then. I know that raging storm in his eyes for what it was then and what it is now.

Pain.

I was causing him pain. My lies and half truths were hurting him; and I hated myself for it.

"After everything that we went through, didn't you think that I at least deserved the truth" his voice was a broken whisper. I let my gaze fall to the floor.

"Hey, dude. Just give her a break" Blake tried to reason. Nick turned to face him.

"I don't wanna hear anything from you. I knew since day one that I shouldn't trust you but faking to be my friend to get information out of me? That's lower than what I thought you were capable off" Nick spat. Blake's face contorted with guilt. He didn't defend himself.

"It's not his fault. He only did it because I couldn't" I started saying.

"Honestly, I don't care. Both of you are the same. Lying, manipulative, and full of-" my dad stopped him.

"Let's not say something we might regret later" he said with a hand up.

"I don't have to regret anything later. I'm not staying here for one more second. I can't stand looking at any of you" and that's that all he said before bolting out through the front door. 

"Nick!" I tried stopping him but my dad put his large hand on my shoulder to keep me in place. 

"Give him a moment, he's upset and overwhelmed at the moment" my dad advised. I let my head hang low and nodded.