Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Liz's POV

I had gone back to my house a while later after having the heart to heart with my best friend. I changed into my fake uniform and met Blake outside. We walked together to the music store in silence.

I was consumed with worry. It has been a couple of days since my father left and I still had no news from him. I knew better than calling him except on an emergency but that didn't replace my concern. 

After we did the usual process of identification, we entered the headquarters of Witness Protection Program. There were some greetings from other agents, I replied politely, but I was here for one reason, and one reason only. 

Once I found the captain's secretary I broke into a smile. 

"Hey, Lily. Is he here? I really need to speak with him" I stated without hesitation. There was a time when talking to her would intimidate me, because she looked like the typical "no nonsense" efficient secretary. But once I had a bit of time to get to know her, I realized she was one of the nicest people I would ever meet. 

Lily looked up at me, her light brown eyes holding my dark brown ones. Her dirty blonde hair was up in a perfect bun, I often wondered how she got them to look so impeccable, but I never asked her about it. I'm too lazy to even do anything with my hair besides brushing it and leaving it loose.

"Yeah, but he's on the phone. With your dad, if I'm correct" she said with a smile. At the mention of my dad I relaxed. He was fine. 

"Oh, that's good. I'll wait for him to finish then. I'm going to hangout for a while with Blake, can you let me know when he's done?" I asked with pleading eyes.

"Sure thing, honey. I will definitely let you know" Lily replied.

"You're awesome. There's a spot in heaven reserved just for you" I said grinning. Lily chuckled and brushed off my words.

"Flattery will get you anything" she joked. I laughed while walking away. Blake was at the vending machines, fighting the squared thing; like he always did when we were here. 

"Seriously?" I inquired, amused. Blake was shaking the machine, cursing it in the process. I laughed.

"I'm glad you find this amusing" he said a little breathless while trying to reach his bag of chips that was still hanging from the hook, because like always, it got stuck. I grinned.

"It's always funny watching your misfortunes" I joked.

"Ha.Ha.Ha" was all I heard from him while he grunted. I rolled my eyes at his back.

"Rookie" I muttered before kicking the right side of the machine. His bags fell from the hook and into the slot where you pick them out. Blake gave me a wide-eyed look.

"What?" I asked, defensively.

"How did you do that?" he asked.

"It's all physics my dear friend, maybe if you paid more attention in school you wouldn't think of it as something out of this world. Science has must answers you know" Blake snorted while opening his bag of Lays. I scrunched my nose in disgust. I hate Lays. They are too salty for my taste. 

"Want some?" Blake asked with a smirk. 

I arched an eyebrow.

"Who knows? Maybe one day you wake up and finally realized how insane you've been all this years. You'll finally understand the awesomeness of Lays" he said smiling.

"Highly unlikely" I stated. Blake laughed but I ignored him because I heard a voice through the intercom.

"Agent Vega report to the captain's office immediately. Thank you" I knew that was Lily so I motioned to Blake to wait for me; he nodded and I left.