Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Nick's POV

After being shut down by Liz I walked back to my room, my head hanging low. 

She said no.

I was really hoping we could talk and I don't know, get to know each other better. God knows I didn't shut an eye all night. All I was thinking about was her. Last night I was so close to her. Our faces inches away. After that I couldn't get her out of my head. Only one thought swirled around in my mind: I should've kissed her!

Why? Because that's all I wanted to do. I'm not the type of guy to stop himself from doing what he wants, when he wants it. I don't know why I held back yesterday; that was so unlike me.

After trying to play my guitar but not being able to concentrate for long, I gave up.

Maybe I should take that walk, even if it's just me alone...

I was opening my room's door when I heard Liz and Blake talking, so I stopped and listened.

"Liz come on, let's go do something stupid! I am bored!!!!" Blake whined.

"I don't know what you would do without me, seriously" Liz mumbled while closing her bedroom's door. Through the small creak I saw her turn around to meet Blake's face. 

"Aren't you going to invite Nick to come hang out with us or something?" Blake questioned, his expression serious.

"Nah, I'm sure he has other stuff to do then act like an idiot with us" she said, nudging Blake forward to go down the stairs. He agreed and then they both disappeared. I waited till I heard the front door open and close until I opened my door fully.

I thought she was going to be busy?

I guess it was just an excuse to get rid of me...

That stung more than it should and I let out a frustrated breath. 

I left the house, my mood only darkening at the sight of the sunny day.

Perfect paradise with sunny days all year long. I hate Madagascar.

Sometimes I need my rainy days. They make me feel like I can relate to the sky, and that it's fine not to be alright sometimes.

But no, this place has it all wrong. I am sick of it. 

For a day or two I was fooling myself into believing that maybe living here wouldn't be so bad. 

A big reason for almost believing something so stupid was Liz. That girl was just plain beautiful in every possible way. She was like the ocean, wild and untamed. She was like fire, burning hot and bright, especially with that sexy temper. I just love it when she gets feisty and challenging. It made me want to push her harder just to see how much she would push back. But then she was sweet and caring making want me to hold her in my arms forever. It makes no sense at all.

Not her. I can't feel this way about her!

Didn't I think about a week ago that she was all I disliked in a girl?

Ah, the ironies of life.

I kicked some sand with my shoe while shaking my head at myself.

I have to do something. I either make her mine, or get over her. Period.

Liz's POV

Being honest, I felt guilty for telling Nick I was busy when I wasn't, and on top of that I left with Blake and didn't even invite him.