Chapter 21

This chapter is a little grusome...

If you don't want to read, I'll put the summary of this chapter with the next chapter.

Caleb's POV

Ow.

I twitched a little, wondering if I could move. Yeah, I could move. I twisted my head a little bit. I was in chains hanging from the ceiling. I took in my surroundings carefully and felt the iron ring around my neck.

Ouch.

I winced as the cold iron touched the tender skin underneath. It felt like I was burned. I looked around to see a platter of bread and water. Water. I crawled to it, my limbs protesting as I did.

OW!

A firey pain coursed through my body as I screamed. My tattered shirt was now peppered with holes, and my hair was singed.

"You wouldn't want to move too far."

"Luke." I snarled. He smirked. Suddenly, his body shuddered and his eyes turned golden.

"Perfect." Kronos said softly. "Carl?"

I looked at Carl with wide eyes as he bowed his head to Kronos.

"That's him, right?"

Carl stared at me. "Yes, my lord."

"... Carl."

"Keep him weak so he can't use his powers." Kronos glared at me, sending shivers up my spine. "I've seen what he can do."

He left, but my eyes were fixed on Carl. He stared at me back.

"Hi Caleb."

"You-" another electric shock went through my body, leaving me breathless.

"You stay silent. Until I tell you to talk."

I gasped for breath, my heart beating rapidly. I felt like my muscles were about to snap.

"Carl-"

My vision turned red as he kicked me in the stomach. I keeled over, coughing.

"Let's make some rules." He took two steps to the side, standing in front of me.

"One. You do not speak unless I ask you a question."

"Or-" He pressed the button on the remote, sending shocks again. "This."

"Two. You answer whatever I ask truthfully. There's worse things waiting for you than this."

"Three. You never, ever use your powers. Understand?"

I was too busy trying to breathe at the moment to reply.  He grabbed me by the hair, lifting up my head.

"Understand?"

"F*ck you."

He stared at me for a few seconds, a flash of hurt flickering through his eyes. He threw my head back to the ground and sent about three consecutive shocks.

"Do you understand." He spat.

I clenched my teeth. It hurt. It hurt so much- but I just couldn't get myself to say yes because of my anger.

My vision turned red once again. A horrible pain shot through my arm, and it became painfully numb, throbbing.

"Yes." I gasped out, giving in.

He took his foot off my leg. "We're starting tomorrow." He set foward a bucket of water. "Drink."

He left, locking the door behind himself. I closed my eyes.