Chapter 5

Caleb's POV

I looked around the arch, keeping an eye on Annabeth, Percy, and Grover.

I knew there was the Chimera somewhere. With Echinda. I looked around for the big blue jean blimp. It wasn't that hard. I could see her beady eyes staring at Percy. I fingered Riptide. I swallowed hard. I definately didn't want to ride the elevator. I bit my lip. I would just stay around here... I sighed.

I would try.

I had too many freaky elevators in my life.

I clenched Riptide tight. But I had to do this.

I got on the elevator with Echidna. The Chimera stared barking like crazy and she pulled his leash and smiled at me, showing her coffee brown teeth. The elevator started to close and suddenly, I couldn't breathe. I forgot everything and the only thought in my head was out.

I shoved my way out of the elevator, crazy with fear. I ran away from the elevator, as far as I could. I hunched over, breathing hard.

"Take a cab to camp."

"Keep your promise."

"Don't. Ever. Die."

I grasped at my hair, keeling over. There were just too many memories overflowing, till I was drowning in them.

"Hey. Are you alright kid?"

I swallowed hard and nodded, hoping to shake whoever away.

"... But-"

"I'm alright."

"Yeah..."

I tried to steady my breathing.

I'm alright.

You sure?

I gritted my teeth. Why did Posiedon make me doubt myself?

I looked up at the sky, standing up.

I wasn't doubting myself.

I wasn't fine.

I just wished someone was here to help me now.

~

I trudged onto the Amtrak train, wondering when Percy would come.

I looked around. I massaged my temples, wondering if I could go to sleep. After about 30 minutes of staying still, drinking water, and making futile attempts to sleep, the trio came into the train. They smelled pretty bad, probably because they hadn't showered after coming out of Camp Half Blood. I put my head in my hands. I needed sleep. I needed my energy.

Next stop was the war god.

~

When I got off the train, I was stiff and tired, and definately not in the mood to see Ares.

I didn't really have an appetite, so I sat on a bench outside. I saw Percy, Annabeth, and Grover come out of the restaurant. I stood up and headed to the waterpark.