Chapter 8

Caleb's POV

"Caleb?"

I groaned, sitting up. Pain shot through my head. I pressed my temples for a few moments and glanced at Luke, who was looking at me in worry.

"What time is it?"

My voice was hoarse and crackly. I cleared my throat.

"Breakfast."

My eyes widened. I had slept that much? I tried to stand up, but Luke held me down.

"You should go to the infirmary."

"I'm fine." I protested.

He regarded me with his blue eyes. "Did you have a dream?"

I swallowed hard and shook my head. He sighed.

"Let's go to the infirmary. You'll be fine after some rest."

~

I looked up at the white infirmary ceiling.
Of course, nectar didn't do it's job. Chiron was pretty flustered, but he went over it and told me to rest till lunch. I sighed and put my hand on my eyes.

Burning.

I felt like I was burning up in those flames that had swallowed up 12 of us, including Frank and Hazel. I wanted to see them.

"Caleb!"

I snapped out of my thoughts by Enoch. He hovered over my face, his multi colored eyes looking at me. I sighed.

Enoch had short cut platinum blonde hair, nearly white. He had a pale complexion, so everything but his eyes seemed faded and bleached out. His eyes were startlingly vivid, and kept on changing colors, but they were usually purple when I saw him.

I had no doubt his mom was Iris, but nobody really cared and there was no cabin for Iris anyway.

He frowned. "You okay?"

"Can you get your hand off my shoulder?"

He bounced back. He reminded me of Leo in some ways. Of making cheesy jokes, and a hidden past of pain.

His eyes flashed blue for a second in the lights.

"I freaked when I saw you this morning. You were like-" he imitated me grasping at my throat for air. "-this."

I cracked a smile. "Habits."

He gave me a skeptical look. "I don't have much time. The ladies are waiting for me."

He winked at an passing Apollo girl and she blushed furiously. I sighed.

"You know they only fancy your looks."

"Hey, I enjoy my exotic looks."

I shook my head. "Can you help me up?"

He helped me sit up and propped a pillow behind my back.

"You're the first ever camper to stay in the infirmary for so long."