Chapter 11

Caleb's POV

"My aunt said she would give me some money to stay in a hotel for a while."

"... You're one lucky guy."

I could feel the two Lotus Casino cards in my pocket. I smiled.

"Yeah."

"We're going over once."

"Remember to call me."

"You have a phone??"

I held up my new phone. Enoch took it from my hands and examined it.

"Give me your number."

I scribbled my number on his palm. "Can you tell Annabeth?"

Carl raised an eyebrow. "Your number?"

"Yeah."

He shrugged. "Okay."

"Bye. See you next year." I stepped into the van.

Enoch waved his hands, jumping up and down. Carl awkwardly waved by his side. I sighed, looking at the back of Argus's head. His blue eyes stared at me. I smiled. They blinked a few times, but ignored it. I looked out the window. It almost made me nostalgic.

I could see the city outside the van. People were running around, going to work or in their cars, waiting impatiently for the car in front of them to go.

"You can drop me off over there."

He drove towards the street and I jumped off quickly, changing into my regular form as I did. Making sure Argus didn't see, I walked a little and found myself in front of the luxury longstay hotel.

I could use some luxury.

I walked into the lobby to see expensive couches and people in fancy clothes. I didn't know if I would fit in. I went to the register and the girl about my age forced a smile at my worn out T-shirt and jeans. I glanced at her name tag.

Sandra Butler

"Are you here to see someone?"

"No. I booked a room."

She raised an eyebrow.

"... Caleb Linton."

She clicked a few times and apparently found my name.

"... You need to pay."

I gave her the platium Lotus Hotel card and she scanned it suspiciously and swiped the card. Her eyes widened. I held out my hand for the card and she handed it back very slowly.

"The bellboy will come for your luggage... Sir."

"No. I'm fine."

She gave me a key card. "... Your room is-"

"803. Right?"