Chapter 9

Caleb's POV

I woke up when the sun was setting.

I stretched and rolled over to my side. The throbbing headache was gone. I felt exactly like when Zeus had stabbed me.

Relieved.

I sighed. But tired. I sat up and a ran hand through my hair. I rubbed my eyes and went out of the infirmary.

Camp.

The reds and orange illuminated the camp. Campers looked happy and relaxed, unlike 5 years ago when everyone was tensed up for war. I sighed.

Somebody hugged me from behind and I jumped a few feet into the air.

"What the Di Angelo!"

Lucia giggled. "Who's Di Angelo?"

"Uh... Someone." I picked her arms off of me.

She pouted, crossing her arms.

I couldn't say she was ugly. She was pretty, with tanned olive skin and dark brown hair. She was Italian, and a daughter of Aphrodite. And... Liked me. I guess.

I laughed slightly. "Don't you have anything to do?"

Her expression wrinkled. "You mean-"

"Oh- no- I'm sorry, I didn't mean-"

She smiled. "Of course you didn't mean it like that." her smile faded. "I heard you were sick."

"I'm fine now."

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to go. I had... Activities."

I smiled and nodded. "It's alright."

I heard someone call her name. She looked back.

"Gotta go."

"Bye."

She smiled back at me coyly and pecked me on my cheek before running off. I felt a little bad for her.

If she knew who I was...

"Hey."

I glanced at Annabeth and forced a smile.

"Hi."

"You said you would tell me."

"Annabeth-"

"I'll keep it a secret. If you want me to."

I sighed. "Some things are not supposed to be said. Some things.... You cannot know no matter how hard you try." I looked down. "I'm sorry."

She pursed her lips. "It's alright. I... I just wanted to know. I'm sorry."

I smiled. "It's alright. I understand."

"Annabeth!"

Percy ran up to us, panting. "Are you going to the fireworks with anyone?"