Chapter 6

Caleb's POV

I woke up sweating.

I swallowed hard and took a deep breath. Just a dream. Just a dream. Unfortuantly, I had lost my appetite because of the dream. I turned over and looked at my watch. My eyes widened.

How long have I slept?

I hurried out, bringing my bag and a fresh set of clothes in it. I saw Percy and Annabeth dragging Grover out the hotel. A worker offered me a platinum card and I snatched it and ran out. A few workers tried to stop me, but I was too fast for them. I saw them get into a cab and I frantically whistled.

And a something grabbed me from behind, knocking me out completely.

~

I was tied to a tree.

I struggled against the bonds, hoping to get them a bit looser. Actually, they were tied so tight I felt like my ribs were digging into my lungs.

"With salsa?"

"Guacamole." the other said.

"... I like salsa."

"Guacamole!" one argued. Suddenly, one big eye turned to me. He smelled horrible. He was wearing a tattered cotton shirt and a really, really big pair of jeans.

"What do you think you would taste better with?"

"... Salsa."

The cyclops hit my head with a brick. Stars danced around in my vision.

"Didn't hear you!" he yelled.

I blinked once, hard.

"SALSA!!!"

The cyclops stared at the one in the dark. He lumbered out. He was much smaller than the other cyclops, and actually clean. He looked somewhat civilized. He reminded me of Tyson.

"He said Salsa."

"Shut up Joe!"

"Larry, I think Salsa would taste better."

Larry scowled. "You dare-"

"... Okay, lets eat him with Guacamole."

Larry, grumbling came to untie my ropes. I kicked him in the groin and he let out a strangled scream and rolled on the ground. Joe looked with wide eyes.

"Larry-"

"KILL!!!!"

Joe hesitated, but raised his arms and let out a halfhearted roar. I felt a bit bad for Joe.

"Hey."

"I have to kill you." he said flatly.

"You don't have to kill  me."

"I'm hungry."

"I'll buy you something to eat."

He perked up. "Cheeseburger."

"Yeah. I'll buy you three cheeseburgers."

Joe started to untie my bonds. Larry stood up somehow and bashed Joe to the ground. I watched in horror as he turned into golden dust.

"Now-"

I slashed his head off with Riptide. Atleast Joe had untied my bonds enough to let me go. I stared at the piles of golden dust.