Your Love Messes Me Up 21 - Texting

Friday

Waking up as usual, I sat up and in the corner of my eye, I see my iphone screen blinking.

Good Morning! You awake yet?

‘Just woke up’ I replied

See you in school ;)

Replying back the same thing, I went and got ready.

Getting to the kitchen, “Looking very cheerful this morning” Dannie said the moment I stepped in.

“You can say so” I replied, it felt nice to receive a good morning text.

At school

Getting out of my car, I looked at the sea of students hanging out at the school lawn. My thought of seeing Aiden first thing I got to school felt impossible.

Walking up to the school, I heard a voice call out “Hey, Dancing Queen over here!” turning around me, I was wondering who the voice referred to.

“Don’t look around! You’re looking everywhere but here! I’m referring to you!” the voice yelled again.

Stunned as I was the only one looking around, I turned to face the source of the voice and saw Gregg at the fountain, along with the rest of the guys.

Walking up to them, I said hi and everything.

“Aw, Aiden, it’s unfair. We get a ‘hi’ and you get a ‘hi Aiden’ with a smile.” Jay said pouting.

“I don’t see the problem there” Aiden said, smiling back to me.

I swear; it must have been the fact I’ve rarely seen him these days that, when I saw his smile, it made my heart skip a beat.

“Aiden, I think you should stop smiling now.” Michael said chuckling, as he placed his hand on my shoulder “I think you’ve got her swooning.”

“I’m not!” I replied blushing. “Let’s just get to class”

“Whoa, what’s the rush?” Michael said, his hand pulling me back, looking at his watch “We still have 13 minutes to spare”

“I can see why you like her Aiden.” Gregg came up, his hand coming up to pinch my face.

I of course, smacked his hand away.

I’m not going to let just anyone touch my face!

“She’s a cat and a tiger together.” Gregg continued, rubbing the spot where I hit his hand.

‘Do I even want to know what that means?” I said confused.

“Trust me, Summer, you wouldn’t want to know half the things he says actually mean.” Said a quiet voice by the side, I turned to see that it was Conner.

Nodding in reply, I think it’s the first time I heard his voice…I shrugged off Michael’s hand asking “how long were you going to put your hand there?”

Looking at my cell phone, there was only 10 minutes left and our classroom is far. “I’m going guys, our classroom is far and I’m not going to be late for first period.”

Heading off, I looked back and said “Aiden, you coming?”

Gregg looked like he was going to say something but Conner just put his hand over Gregg’s mouth. Letting everything come out muffled.

I sent a ‘weirded’ (there’s no such word) out look to Conner but he just shook his head, saying “trust me on this”

On that note we all left for class.

Once we all settled down, our teacher Mrs. Jenkins dropped a bomb on us, saying “Pop quiz, 45 minutes. No references and only pens on the table.” As she handed down the papers

I hate pop quizzes with every fibre of my being since I fail with very dismal scores.

I thought I’d be able to catch some zzz since I might not able to understand any of it…but this time as I attempted the first question, I moved on to the next.

“Times up, pens down and pass the papers to the front.” Mrs. Jenkins’s voice echoed through our silent classroom.

‘Did I do what I think I did??

I just worked my way through an entire paper!’

Looking around I saw Michael and Aiden yawning as they got up from the table.

“You guys slept?” I asked incredulous. “How on earth is that possible?”

“When you have everything in your head like us, I guess you can.” Michael replied, stifling a yawn.

“A holes” I muttered, putting my pen away as people started moving on to next class.

“Heard that” Aiden said, standing in front of my seat.

Sighing, we got off for the next class.

“How’s practice?”

“Going well, we all can’t wait for the premier” I said smiling.

“4 more weeks till the premier right?”

“That’s right”

“And one more week till the school’s talent time”

“Ugh, don’t remind me.” I said spitefully. “Because of that, I had to go down to the theatre with a measuring tape to measure the stage. Since we never got a chance to book the place”

“You serious?” Aiden laughed as he tried to picture me measuring the stage.

“Dead serious, we marked out the studio according to it. We needed to know how much space we were working with”

“Look forward to us performing then” he grinned.

“Along with hundreds of other screaming fan girls?” shaking my head “No thanks, you’re clear in that aspect, I’ll look forward to performing and it being over”

“At least stay in the theatre for our performance?” he asked, eyes pleading.

“Fine” I answered, looking away as I blushed at the prolonged eye contact.

‘This should be a serious social issue I have…I can’t look someone in the eye properly’

Shaking my head, we walked into the next class.

After school, at Summer’s home

“So how is it going with you and Aiden?” Addy asked diving in without beating at the bush.

“Normal I guess?” shrugging, “we’ve been busy with practices all week”

“Have you guys been texting?” she smiled mischievously.

Izzy sat by the side shaking her head as she munched on popcorn. We decided to have a slumber party since I don’t have practices scheduled tomorrow.

This is one of the rare nights where I can sleep late and sleep in.

“Only yesterday…” I replied; looking at Addy, she was smiling away like a goof ball.

‘Something’s fishy…’

“Addy, you gave him my number didn’t you?”