Your Love Messes Me Up 17 - Images In The Rain

The usual stuff, busy with violin, archery and family :) read, comment and vote :D

Enjoy ♥

_________________________________________________________________________

 “I knew that you were attracted to me” Aiden smirked as I realised what I had just done.

“Hmph, conceited as always.” I scoffed, not wanting to inflate his already huge ego while the rest of the guys just gave me sceptical looks.

Letting go of his arm. “Summer, you know you want me” He leaned in to my ear and said those words huskily.

That tone. The feeling of his breath against my ear…

I reflexively pushed him away, though my face gave way of my embarrassment and the effect that he had on me.

Then it started to rain. And I saw these images in my head again. This time more gruesome. The wreckage of a car crash.

It had no relevance to me, I feel. It’s a normal car crash like any other. But why does the rain always bring forth these images?

                ********************

“Rain has always got me feeling melancholic” I said as we walked into the living room, we narrowly escaped the heavy downpour. “I can’t explain it.” I continued as I recalled the images.

“Why is that so?” Aiden asked as he brushed off the rain drops.

“Strange or cliché as it seems, whenever it rains, I would get this flashback.” I said sitting down, motioning for him to do the same. “It’s always of a car accident, growing unconsciousness and a stranger approaching the vehicle. Waking up in an unfamiliar place, a hospital as it seems…a silent nurse and a social worker, a home with many children and a wealthy couple bringing the girl away. It seems like a movie I saw in the past or something…”

“Summer, it doesn’t sound like a movie. It sounds more like memories…maybe it’s those that you’ve forgotten?”

“I…have no idea….I know I’m not an Ellery but whether those are really memories or not. Couldn’t the Ellery tell me why I was at the orphanage or something? Whenever I tried to ask about it they’d go ballistic or use the ‘Why-you-want-to-know-Aren’t-you-happy-with-what-you-have?’ ploy… It seems that they don’t want me to know about my birth parents…” I felt exasperated, remembering the occasions where I tried asking but it never got me to where I want.

“Maybe they’re afraid you’d run off and disappear once you know”

“Aiden, do I look like the type to take off and run?”

“….” *looks at me somewhat doubtingly

“Aiden…”

“I’m just kidding Summer. Relax, breathe ~hee hoo hee~ you know?” his hands were moving to the breathing exercise, which is very odd and ridiculous at the same time.

“It’s not as if I’m pregnant you know.” I replied swatting him in the arm, hoping that he’d stop.

“You don’t have to be pregnant to breathe”

“Yeah but you should be pregnant if that’s your normal breathing.” Sighing, I slumped further into the sofa “Why are we talking about this in the first place? I mean, I just want to find my birth parents, is that so wrong?”

“Well, you could come across something that you wouldn’t like or something you wouldn’t want to know.”

“I’ve considered that, but it feels as if there’s a part of me that’s missing. It’s almost as if I don’t fully know who I am…” twiddling my thumbs, I’m still wondering why I’m telling Aiden these things. I hadn’t really talked to Addy and Izzy about this…