Your Love Messes Me Up 05 - What if I called you hot?

Aiden’s POV

After I sent Summer home yesterday I couldn’t shake off the feeling she had when she said “Sure, when there’s someone to meet…”

Was she mostly home alone? Or maybe she doesn’t like her siblings… I’ve asked around in school about Summer but apparently no one knows much about her, aside from the fact that she’s the younger sister of Samantha and Jason Ellery.

The star pupil and the prized athlete of our school, no wonder she’s angry most of the time, always being compared to such high achieving people by the teachers.

Walking into homeroom with the guys I saw Summer seated at the back by the window. Taking the seat next to her and the guys around us, people started murmuring at our seating arrangement. It looked as if Michael and the rest are making a fence around the Summer and me.

Noticing that the murmuring got louder, she finally looked away from the window and was surprised to see me next to her and with Gregg, Michael, Connor and Jay around us.

Sighing as she realized that the murmuring was about us. She simply said hi to us and went back to looking out the window.

“So…you consider yourself as low key?”  I asked.

“Uh huh...I guess so…” she answered now looking at her desk.

“So why agree to try it out someone as high profile as me?”

Sighing, she said “Aiden, I haven’t even said anything. Why are you acting like the girl being insecure? Isn’t the usual case the girl asking this? ”

Looking at her I said “It’s because of you not saying anything that makes me worried. I’m not a mind reader you know…”

Looking surprised. “Please, don’t go Twilight on me…I’m not Bella. Not that I hate Twilight or anything…just don’t go off in that direction...”

Recalling what I just said… “I didn’t even realize I was.  In any case Summer, I want to know what you’re thinking. I just wanna know what’s in there.”

Replying back, “Look, I don’t have anything to say so what do you expect me to talk about? Also, I’m not going to reject someone just because they’re popular or whatever crap it is. You asked and I just wanted to see where this goes from here. I may be an anti-social and or socially awkward but I believe in opportunities. Understand that.”

“Crystal” I replied.

Summer’s POV

I can’t believe that I had an outburst at Aiden…I don’t even know why.

Well I might not be screaming and everything but that’s not an outburst for me…To my standards, that’s be flipping out right there.

PMS?? I hope it doesn’t last….

The day went by dreadfully slow and all I wanted was to go to my secret place.

“Hey, Summer. Going  somewhere?” Aiden asked when he saw me packing up.

“The same place. Why? You wanna come along?” I asked

Laughing as he got up, he said “You know, it almost seems like you’re the guy in the relationship…”

Since when was I ever the guy? I’ve been the one blushing non-stop whenever we have contact, I sighed thinking to myself.

Turning around Aiden asked “Did you say something Summer?”

Shaking my head I said “Nothing lets go”

As we walked down the hall everyone was staring us or rather looking at me. I heard lots of murmuring and looked straight not wanted to meet anybody’s eyes.