Your Love Messes Me Up 06 - It has to do a lot with you

“We have a lot of work to do after our date Summer.” Aiden said eyeing me.

What deep shit did I just get myself into?

*******************************************

 Summer’s POV

Sitting me down in corner of the studio with a movable whiteboard and chairs, I sat down comfortably in a cushioned one with armrests.

Ranting his mouth off “Ellette High; is one of the most prestigious schools…”

“Who is also a big pain in the ass” I said, cutting in as I played around with my black hair.

Ignoring me and continuing on he said “because of everything there is in this school, from the facilities, teachers and students and even down to its grades. No student in Ellette history has ever failed before.”

“I must be the only exception then” I said humming the tune to the song.

“That’s because everyone here has a reputation to maintain, be it their own or their families. They know they’re not allowed to fail and there’s too much at stake if they do.”

“Well I don’t care! What does this have to do with me? I’m not inheriting any of the company stuff; it all just sounds like propaganda shit to me.” I said ticked off.

“Believe me; it has a lot to do with you.” Aiden said; placing his hands on the arm rests as he leaned towards me.

Looking away, I didn’t want to be caught in his trap just because I’m totally new to the intimacy thing that couples have.

 I’m not going be trapped, I’m not going be trapped, I’m not going be trapped…

I replayed that sentence in my head repeatedly when I froze up.

He was nuzzling my neck! As an attempt for my attention!

Embarrassment crept up my face again as I squirmed in my seat.

I couldn’t take it any longer so I pushed him at an arm’s length away from me.

“Look, I couldn’t care less about the school. Sooner or later after I graduate my parents will marry me off to some jerk of another company to strengthen ties and that’s it.” I said putting air quotes at strengthen.

“Trust me, won’t you?” he said earnestly.

Looking into my eyes, he continued saying “How can you say you don’t care when you sound so bitter about it? Why not put that energy into putting them in their place?”

“Whatever. Do what you want; I’ve given up hope in this a long time ago.” I said flatly, already dreading the idea of studying.

   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Izzy, am I hearing this clearly?” Addy said, close to shouting.

“Summer Ellery is actually going to study?!” with that I pulled my cell phone away from my ear, it was getting too much for my ear to bear.

I zoned out as the two of them discussed the revolutionary change in me. I had just stepped out of the shower and was preoccupied on getting my hair dry with my towel….Only to come back when I heard them saying Aiden’s name.

“Huh? Could you guys repeat that? I couldn’t hear clearly.” I asked trying not to be too obvious that I wasn’t listening.

“I said….Aiden sure has you wrapped around his finger” Addy said, enunciating every single word deliberately.

“…..” I kept my silence, not wanting to admit it.

“Oh my God! Izzy she’s not denying it! We’ve lost her to the UFO called Aiden! Summer! Where are you!? ”Addy said, being the drama queen.

“Calm down, for once, Summer having a boyfriend actually helps. If we’d known this you should have went to the fortune teller a lot earlier. It’d be better for her grades.”

Sitting down on my bed, I sighing “Wow guys, I feel the ‘love’ ”

Both replying at the same time, they said “You know we do”

Not wanting to hear anymore about the end of the world I said “Bye crazy people see you tomorrow at school”

   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aiden’s POV

Seeing her grades, I didn’t know if she’s really lacking in understanding or she’s purposefully flunking her grades yet maintaining the bare minimum to move on to the next grade.

I really can’t tell…

“Hey Michael, what do you think? Is she purposefully failing?” I asked as I looked for recommended texts in the school library.

“Aiden, for your sake I hope it’s that case. If not I’m worried about the fact that you’re dating a bimbo” he said as he browsed the shelves for revision texts.

“Say anything about her being a bimbo I swear I will trash that laptop and those external hard disks of yours”

Shaking his head in disbelief, “Man, you’re dead serious about her to even bring my laptop up.”

“In fact, I think she got you screwed up there.” Michael continued, poking at my head. As I was about to reply, he cut me off saying “Don’t answer that. Let’s go, we have what we need.”

Getting back to our apartment, we started working on making a revision paper for Summer.

Well, that’s what Michael did. What I was doing was planning for my date, where do I bring her?

Do I want a typical date, or surprise her?

I’m going nuts just thinking about it, I can’t imagine how I’m going to be on the actual day!

     ******************************

Friday night(Back to Summer POV)

“Summer, I’m so totally hating you for the fact that you have dance before your date! How are we going to doll you up all girly-like?” Addy said exasperatedly

Rolling my eyes, I replied “I’m feeling the love there Addy. Sooo feeling the love”

She’s the only one who’s the most upset about me being a tomboy most of the time.

Trying to discourage her on treating me like her Barbie doll, she suddenly burst out saying “I know!! I’ll come find you after dance lessons! I’ll only take five minutes, please?”

“Fine. But nothing too girly if not I’ll throw your makeup bag out the window.”

“Trust, me even you’ll agree with it.”