Your Love Messes Me Up 09 - Daring Declaration

“Aiden, do you want to go up to my room?”

********************

Aiden’s POV

Did I just hear that correctly?

Did she invite me to her room?

How defenseless can this girl get?

“It’s alright Summer, I’ll wait for you here.” I replied back, making a mental note to explain to her about the general meaning of inviting a boyfriend/ a guy that’s interested about you to your bedroom means.

I don’t intend to destroy my currently clean reputation with girls, it’s too much to handle if words spread out that I’m a playboy, when I’m really not. Well not anymore.

I don’t want a repeat of history either.

“Umm, sorry. May I ask how you would like me to address you?” I asked.

“Sorry about that, I forgot to introduce myself.” She laughed

 I’m Danielle Whitfield, call me Dannie like Summer does. I’m the Ellery’s housekeeper.” She said as she reheated dinner for Summer.

“So, kiddo would you like any drinks?” she asked as she stopped in front of the counter where I was at.

“Plain water will do, Maam Dannie.” I answered, hoping that I made a good first impression.

“You can drop the Maam, kiddo. I have a grandson about your age and he calls me Dannie all the same” She said as she set the time on the microwave oven.

“Let me get straight to the point there kiddo. You’re smart not to accept that offer to her room.” Dannie said smiling, I don’t know if it was my imagination or not but I think I see black aura coming off her.

“If you had said yes, I’d make sure you’ll never step into this house or get near to her…Now let me ask you this, what do you think of her?” She said with that black aura growing more imposing.

 “I’ve never seen anyone like her before. She has this crazy amount of charisma and energy that can draw in people like a magnet…But she hides everything away, I want to help her come out of her shell and…”

“She’s not some help case you know.” She said cutting me off. “Since you’ve seen her being able to express herself, it shows that she’s normal. I don’t think she needs your help. Has it ever come across that she chooses not to express herself to everyone she sees?”

 “I never said she’s a help case. Also I wasn’t done speaking just now; I was going to say that even though it sounds flaky and irrational. I’ve fallen in love with her at first sight, I’m serious about her and I’ll wait for her.” I replied, agitated at the fact that she took my meaning as a help case.

“Ah, that’s a daring declaration to make Kiddo. How do I know if you’re actually serious and not just someone who knows how to act smart or if you’re a heartbreaker out for her heart? I’ve seen many kinds of people like you, those that start out sincere but in the end it ends off horrendously tragic and heartbreaking.”

Trying to keep my cool and not be irrational about the assumptions that the lioness made, I replied calmly “That’s the thing, Maam Dannie; you don’t know anything about me. So you’re not entitled to make such statements about me when you haven’t given me a chance to begin with.

Because, the thing about us Williams is that once we said or have decided on something, we’ll fight for it until the end. We’re not flaky people and we do not give up easily.”