CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

REACHED #1 IN SCIENCE FICTION CATEGORY (1 month after being published) ♥️

♨︎

Farrah's POV

I bit my lower lip tightly as my tears continue to fall from my eyes. My body's now shaking as I've been crying ever since. I told them to leave me alone for a while, as I needed to think. To generate a plan in which could guarantee our win.

Because our enemy this time. . . it's much dangerous than those monsters lurking at the ground.

This one is a genius monster. . . and without a proper plan, all of us would only fall at the project he has right from the start.

I clutched my wireless telephone as I closed my eyes tightly, begging for her to listen and to believe in what I was about to say. "Listen to everything to what I am going to say, please? Trust me with this," I begged Ae, my best friend ever since we're child, and the one whom I know that would understand me better than everyone. Because she knows what happened in our family, and she's the only one I could trust right now. My heart is gradually beating so fast as I waited for her to speak.

I got this wireless telephone I'm using right now when they asked me to use this to contact my Dad. . . when the truth is, he isn't the one I reached back then.

How could I reach a monster who wouldn't even think of other's lives just for his plan and inventions to be a success?

They were so focused on power and authority that killing people doesn't matter to them.

And for me, they're the worst kind of people living in this place.

"What about it?" Her voice was so cold in which I understand it. I really do. Maybe they think that I betrayed them by ditching them even though it was so clear that my Father wants to see me, and now that I wasn't in their place, maybe they think that my Father won't let them inside because his target isn't here.

They're so wrong... because he would still accept them.

And because he thought that I would join him with whatever plan he has in his mind, he felt that he'd control me because I'm the weakest among us and because he couldn't regulate both my Mother and sister that's why he's going to me.

A Fajardo. Someone who will support him.

"I had to leave. . . it wasn't my choice, but if I went to him with you, I wouldn't do anything to help you, guys, because that guy is a monster."

"What do you mean?"

"Remember why our mother left us?"

"Because of Tito. . . your father,"

"Partly yes, but I haven't told you the main reason, right?"

"You just won't say it to me,"

"Because I never thought he would succeed,"

"What do you mean?"

I was 11 when I started questioning my Dad because he cannot go home because of his work. There isn't a time where my Mother is always crying every time she's talking to my Dad. . . at how we missed him so much. There are still some family gatherings where he isn't there, and even our relatives started wondering about it.

But my Mother. . . my ever brave Mother accepted all those words with chin up as how she always does. My Mother is so courageous to face everything alone. All those rumors about my Father having his mistress at work- the reason why he seldomly goes home.