CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Kaesha's POV.

Still lost in my world. I look beside me, where Ash is peacefully sleeping. He said he didn't mind sleeping in the grass, so he is, already at his dreamland, while here I am, still awake. I grinned. But eventually, my face heated when I remember what we were talking about earlier.

FLASHBACK

Humiga ito sa tabi ko habang ginawang unan ang magkabila nyang kamay. "Tell me what's bothering you. I promise to listen," Nagulat ako sa sinabi nya na dahilan upang mapatingin ako sa kanya.

"What are you saying?" I tried to act innocently. Pero teka, gan'on ba ko ka-transparent?

Sa totoo lang ay hindi mawala-wala sa isip ko ang pinag usapan namin ni Farrah kanina. Even she's already inside the bus, well, she wanted to sleep while sitting, that's her reason, I can't help but reminisce all the story she shared with me. It was like a movie playing on my mind repeatedly because I keep on imagining it even I don't want to. I sighed. I badly need to tell it with someone but it's not my story to tell. It feels like if I say it to someone else, I'm already spilling their secrets and that also means breaking their trust. I sighed again.

"You can tell it to me, Ae." He repeated. He sighed. Ito ang mahirap, e. Iyong hindi mo na maitago pero kailangan mong itago sa iba. Not that Farrah said I shouldn't tell it to anyone but it's her story, and I respect her privacy but...

I think I couldn't sleep without sharing it with someone.

Sorry, bestie.

"Can I trust you?" I asked without looking at him. I'm so scared to look at him right now, and I don't know why.

"Of course." He simply answered. I sighed.

"Sabagay, tayo tayo na nga lang yung magkakasama." Idinaan ko ito sa biro ngunit hindi sya tumawa. Napabuntong hininga nalang ako. Epic failed.

"Well, kung may kasama ka bang mahalaga sayo, tapos bigla nalang siyang mawawala at ikaw yung pinakahuli niyang kasama, sisisihin mo ba yung sarili mo?" I look at him and saw that he's looking at the stars. Kahit madilim at tanging ilaw mula sa highlight ng sasakyan lamang ang magbibigay ilaw sa amin, ang gwapo nya parin. He sighed before answering me.

"Of course, I will blame myself for being careless, why I didn't take care of her enough, or the reason why I lost her. Why did you ask?" This time, nag iwas kaagad ako ng tingin sa kanya noong magtama ang aming paningin. I'm really... I can't really... ugh!

Kinagat ko ang pang ibaba kong labi at tumingin na lamang sa mga bituwin sa kalangitan. "That's exactly what Farrah feels," I said it as a whisper only.

"What?" He asked me, as when I looked at him, confusion was written all over his face. I sighed.

"Well, Farrah blames herself for being careless. She also thinks that it would be better if she's the one who was gone," Napabuntong hininga ako bago nagpatuloy.

"There's this girl who was so close to her before the apocalypse happened. She treated the little girl as her own sister. And then the apocalypse happened, they tried to escape together. But sad to say, the girl did not make it, she got scratched by one of those monsters and eventually going to turn into one, and Farrah thinks that it was all her fault that it happened. That she got hurt because of her carelessness."

"And then, the girl said she must go without her, but of course, being the Farrah that she is, she did not agree, at first. But the girl was very pushy, she pleaded at Farrah to go. And things got worst when the girl was bitten while Farrah is right in front of her. Then she's left with no choice, Farrah ran to save her life."