Chapter FIVE ✌

Chapter FIVE

Grandma emerges in the kitchen with an apologetic look on her face. “I’m so sorry, dear. I got lost in time. I hadn’t seen Ann in a while. I know I should have been home before lunch,” she says, kissing me and Theo on our cheeks.

              I smile at her. “It’s okay, grandma. Theo cooked food for the two of us,” I inform her.

              That makes her raise her eyebrow at me, looking to Theo then back to me again. “You two are getting along.” I snort. “Why? Reese, doesn’t know how to cook, so thank you, Theo for taking care of her,” she says, but more to Theo, smiling lovingly at him.

              I roll my eyes. Show off. “Anyway, grandma, I’ll be visiting my friends and then I’ll ask them to go to the beach. I might get home maybe around six?”

              “That’s okay, dear. Have fun.”

              I say my goodbye to her, grabbing my bag as I pass by it through my way to the door. Apparently, Theo decides to go with me as well. He told me earlier that he wants to start with the ‘making me believe in love’ immediately.

              Walking my way to Scott’s house (since he’s the nearest one) take only fifteen minutes. He’s already waiting for me by their front porch, smiling when he saw me. I walk up to him, greeting him, “Hi.”

              “Dude! Good to see you. How’ve you been?” I realize that it’s not me who is he asking but Theo who is right behind me. I scowl at Scott. “Oh, sorry, Reese. Didn’t see you there.”

              “Seriously?” I shake my head. “Did you text the others?” I ask.

              “Don’t worry about it. I told them to just meet us at the beach so it won’t take them two rides. Why are you two together, by the way? I thought… Yeah, I think we should go,” he changes what he is going to say because the scowl on my face turns to glare.

              Twenty minutes later and we are now at the beach, looking for my friends. I know our usual place but it seems that the four years’ time I hadn’t been here, I already forgotten it. I turn to Scott who is in deep conversation with Theo. “Where are they?” I ask, glaring at both them.

              “They’re just—”

              “Reese!” Two people tackle me from behind, sending me to fall to the sand. “Oops, sorry,” one of them—it’s Elizabeth, also known as Izzie—apologizes. I stand straight, dusting off some of the sands that stick to me.

              “What a good way to greet me,” I say sarcastically. I prepare myself for more of them because they like doing that to me. There’s no fun doing that, actually, but they find it amusing doing it to me.

              “We miss you, you know,”  Kate says, hugging me now.

              “And here I am!” I chirp enthusiastically. “I miss you, too, guys.”

              Suddenly a couch interrupts out little miss you conversation. Theo averts his gaze when I look at him, but I know he did that on purpose. He is being ignored, actually. Ah, what a good way to make the remaining hours of this day.

              “Hi, Theo,” both girls greet him, flashing him a sweet smile.

              I groan inwardly, running a hand to my forehead. I forgot that Theo is with us. How can I forget something as big like that?