Chapter THIRTY-THREE

To: chloegoddess@gmail.com

From: reesesnobber@yahoo.com

Subject: I’m sorry

            Chloe, are you still mad at me? If I call you, are you going to answer my call? I’m really sorry to what I said to you the last time but I’m only looking out for you. You know that I don’t want you to be hurt again. I’ve seen enough of your pain and I won’t let anyone do it again.

            I miss you.

It’s been three days since the last time I saw Chloe. She hasn’t given me a call or sent me a text. This is the first I contacted her too. I know I should’ve done that before but I have to let her cool down, and three days are enough for that.

            To: reesesnobber@yahoo.com

            From: chloegoddess@gmail.com

            Subject: I’m sorry too

            I’m sorry, too, for saying such things to you. I didn’t mean any of those. I just thought that you don’t want me to be happy. But I talked to Ben and he told me everything. He confirmed what you had said to me and I was so mad at myself that I doubted you. You are my best friend and I didn’t even trust you. I’m sorry, Reese.

            I immediately pick up my phone and dial Chloe’s number as soon as I got her e-mail to me. She has cool down now and I have to make sure that she’s okay.

            “Chloe,” I say. She is sniffing.

            “Hello, Reese,” she says. “I’m really sorry.”

            I stand up and head over to my window. “Hey, Chloe, it’s okay. I understand you, you know. Don’t worry about that.”

            “Ben… I thought he’s the one, you know. He has been so good to me but then… Oh my gosh. I’m sorry I doubted you,” she says, crying harder.

            “It’s okay, Chloe. I’m just glad that he shows his true self before your feelings for him get any deeper. And I’m glad I was there when he did that. He is so not worth any of your time.”

            “You are right.” She sighs. “But where am I going to find the right one? You know, the one who will be worth it?” she asks.

            I look out the window. I see mom and dad cross the street, probably going to Mrs. Leona. She’s been our neighbour for so long and mom likes to visit her every morning. Then I see Theo.

            A smile goes to my face as I answer Chloe, “You don’t really have to fine the right one, Chloe. I think, it’ll just come for you the moment you least expect it or when you don’t really like it to be there.”

            She chuckles then. “I am so not expecting to hear those things from you, Reese. A month ago, you were like, ‘I would never love someone.’ ‘Love are for losers.’ ‘All guys are heart breakers.’ ‘Never trust someone when they said they like you.’ But now, wow. You’ve changed and I love the way you changed. Not in a bad way, but for the good.”