Chapter THIRTY-ONE

Chapter THIRTY-ONE

Dad is back home. I've never been too happy like this and I like how does it feels. There are so many questions I have to ask him. I don't want to push him too much but I just need some answers. I want everything to settle down before I can finally breathe.

              I've also asked Theo to stay for another week. I need someone to lean on when something has happened. I know there won't anything now, but I just want him to be close to me as possible. And besides, it's summer. He can stay until he really has to go  back to  his place.

              We both called Joan last night to tell him where he is. The stupid moron didn't tell his parents that he's going to follow me, with the help of my friends. Really now. They made Joan and Uncle Lucas worried sick for not telling. I assured Joan that Theo is fine and he would be home soon.

              "I like that you're smiling now," Theo comments, pointing his spoon towards me before going back to eating his breakfast. Mom and dad is at the backyard to get some fresh air (as what my mom said).

              "I am always smiling," I counter, narrowing my eyes at him.

              "Not to me. No, you don't. To Izzy and Kate, maybe. Oh and to Scott as well. Not to mention, Cory. But not to me," he says. He seems to  get interested with him cereal. "I don't think I've ever seen you smile like that to me," he adds. It's more of a whisper but I manage to hear it.

              I can help but smile as I take the last of my food. I put my bowl on the sink before heading over to where is Theo is sitting. I prop my elbow, resting my chin on it and just stare at him with the still smile on my face.

              He looks at me with confused look. "Why are you looking like that?" he asks.

              I don't answer. I continue staring at him. I think I look like a freak right now but I can't help but stare at his face. He is a gorgeous man. I love how his hair is all messy even after he has combed it. Or how cute does he focus his eyes on something so little. There are so much more I can tell about him that I'm amused about.

              "You know, if you're that close to me," he says, not removing his eyes to his food, "I might kiss you."

              In fast motion, my heart skips a beat and even though I know how to hide my emotions, my face will surely show it all. I'm flustered. He always say those words like nothing.

              He looks to my direction now and I feel my heart melt at the sight of his one in a million smile. How can someone like him look like that? I can't even believe myself that I'm acting like a sick fan girl.

              "If you've taken a picture now, then you wouldn't have to imagine it in your head when this is over," he says.

              I clear my throat then. "I wonder what are we now if we didn't meet on that airplane ride one month ago. I wonder how are we now if you are not taking your vacation at my grandma's place," I say.

              He walks towards me. I stand straight but I feel my knees about to break out. He is too close. He puts both of his hand on either side of me and stare back, saying, "We won't think about that now, you know. I like how things went for us. It's kind of cute."

              I swallow the huge lump in my throat. "Cute is an overrated word, you know."

              He leans down closer and closer and--