Chapter EIGHT ☮

Chapter EIGHT

                From: chloegoddess@gmail.com 

                To: reesesnobber@yahoo.com 

                Subject: Are you still alive?

                Reese! It's been a week! How are you over there? I'm getting good now. Walter admitted his mistakes and asking for a second chance. What do you think should I do? I still love him, you know. But... I want to know from you if it's ideal to get back to him after what he did to me. 

                Alright. I think that's all for now. You better call me instead of answering this e-mail. Love you, girl! :*

I close my laptop after reading my best friend's e-mail to me. I am so going to call her and lecture her. She should not get back to that guy. He's a dick and my best friend is better off without him. 

                I sit on the hammock and dial Chloe's number. On the third ring, she finally picks up. 

                "Reese!" she squeals, making me flinch away. "Oh, my gosh. How are you? Finally, you call!" 

                I chuckle. "Hold your horses, missy. So what's up?" I try to tell myself to calm down. Getting mad to her about Walter is not ideal. She's my best friend and I want her to realize that he's not worth all the love she has for him. 

                "Well," she sighs, "Walter is on his way here at the house and you know..." 

                "Chloe Graham, I am so not allowing this getting back together with your asshole ex-boyfriend," I say, putting an emphasis on the word ex. She will only get her heart broken again. One is enough and two is too much already. 

                "But he's really sorry," she defends. 

                I shake my head, narrowing my eyes to Theo who is approaching my direction. Another lesson about love again. 

                "Chloe, no. I don't want to see you so miserable again," I raise a finger at Theo to tell him to wait for one minute, "Don't tell me you already forgotten what he did to you? And so what if he was sorry? He should be! He hurt you." My voice rises up a notch now. I get up from the hammock and start waving my hand in the air as I explain—more like lecture—to my best friend. She is just quiet on the other line. "Chloe, seriously. No. Get this in your head... You're better off without him. You understand?" No answer. I sigh. "Okay. I'll call you again later. Don't make such haste decisions. Bye," I hang up with a deep sigh. 

                Why can't she understand that once a guy cheated on a girl, they will do it again? That's a fact. 

                "So," Theo calls for my attention, "a love expert now, huh," he comments, crossing his arms across his chest. 

                I raise an eyebrow. "Love expert? No, that's what you called concern for your best friend. His stupid, jerk, asshole ex-boyfriend wants to get back to her. And no, I won't let it happen," I say, walking back to the hammock and sitting on it again. "What do you want?" I ask. 

                He shrugs, smiling. "What do you want to do today?" 

                Nothing comes to my mind. All I want to happen is for him to stop this thing. But obviously he won't because he is so desperate to make me believe in love.