Chapter TWELVE

Chapter TWELVE

I should never let Theo plan for my day. Like seriously, there’s nothing amazing about the idea that he wants me to go see a movie. I don’t want to watch a movie with him.

             The moment I took a step out of my room, Theo popped in front of me like big mushroom that came out of nowhere and asked me, “Reese, let’s go see a movie tonight.” And all I could do was just stare at him in disbelief.

             Right now, I am having my brunch—the food was cooked by Theo and I hate to admit it, but it’s delicious. I can’t believe a guy like him can cook! To be honest, it’s kind of embarrassing to know that he can cook and I can’t. I mean, how in the world, right? He seems like the party-goer type of guy. I don’t think that he’s the kind of guy who will stay in the house and help his mother cooking. Nope, that is not the picture Theo gave to me the first time I met him.

              “Don’t you have anything else to do other than to watch me eat?” I ask, raising an eyebrow at him. He is—as always—smiling.

             “None. It’s our day, so you have to agree to watch a movie with me. I heard you are a romantic hopeless yourself. You might want to watch ‘Romeo and Juliet’,” he says, feeling proud of his idea.

             I don’t know where he got the idea that I’m a hopeless romantic. Isn’t it clear to him that I hate love? How can I be a hopeless romantic? Sometimes I think he’s not paying attention to the things I’m saying to him.

             “Romeo and Juliet? I don’t think I’ll enjoy that kind of movie,” I say, putting my plate on the sink before getting out of the kitchen.

             I can hear his footsteps behind me. “You know, that’ll give you the reason to believe in love,” he says in a singing voice.

             I shake my head. “It’s boring,” I say, plopping down on the couch. I get the remote and start flipping through the channels on the TV.

             Theo sits beside me, pouting in the most irritating manner. He won’t let me off the hook for sure. “How can you say it’s boring if you haven’t seen it yet?”

             “I’ve read it, you know. I’ve also seen Leonardo de Caprio’s version of the movie. So really, it’s boring.”

             “Come on. Just this one time.”

             I turn to face him, smirking a little. “Just this one time? No repeat? ‘Cause you know, I want an assurance.”

             His mouth hangs open, a disappointed look on his face. I like thinking that fast without him knowing what he is saying. It gives me the upper hand at everything. Like this.

             “So?” I ask for confirmation. The look on his face says no, I can tell. He is thinking of other ways to counter what I said.

             “No, just not this one time. Why are you saying that? Of course I’m going to ask you again to watch a movie with me,” he says, frowning like a little kid.

             “I talk during movies. Not all people like that especially if they really like the movie. I ask question every now and then. I don’t keep my mouth shut during movies, just so you know. And I’m sure, you’re the kind of guy who likes to have a quiet company,” I explain.