Chapter FIFTEEN

Chapter FIFTEEN

Fifteen days… Theo has only fifteen more days to make me believe in love. To be honest, I am scared that he might be able to make me. The things that I’ve been feeling are something I know all to myself that has something to do about love. Or at least that’s what I thought. I don’t want to admit it, but he is doing well with the agreement and I’m not.

                It’s already one in the morning and I still can’t find any sleep. I want to get some sleep already! I sigh and walk over to my window. Summer’s been doing good for me, actually. Even though most of the things I’m doing are not part of my plan, it is still doing pretty well.

                  “You’re becoming a softie, Reese,” I tell myself, propping an elbow on the windowsill and putting my head on it. This has to be the worst thing happening in my life right now. I don’t want to feel anything towards Theo or to anyone else. No, I won’t fall for him.

                  Maybe if I’m not being surrounded by people who’ve been broken hearted before, I might not be thinking this way—that most guys will break girls’ hearts. If my mom can set a good example for that matter, then what Theo wants might happen. But sadly with my life, no one can set that example I’m looking for. Even my best friend sucks at that.

                  I wonder how’s Chloe. She hasn’t message me yet and I wonder if Walter is being the good guy now. I don’t want to think that he will cheat on my best friend again, but I can’t help it. Once someone done it, then that’s that. I can’t take the thought of my best friend being broken hearted by the same guy twice.

                  I head to my bed, grab my laptop and type her a message.

                  From: reesesnobber@yahoo.com

                  To: chloegoddess@gmail.com

                  Subject: How’s life?

                  Chloe! How are you, girl? I miss you so much. You must message me right away after reading this, okay? How’s Walter? I hope he hasn’t done anything stupid because seriously, I will cut off that thing he has. Okay, on a serious note, that’s just yuck! But you get what I mean.

                 I’m okay, if you’re going to ask me. Summer’s doing… hmm… okay, I guess? It’s nice here. You should’ve just come here with me instead of getting back with your ex.

                  So, okay. I know, I’m bitter with your decision. But I’m your best friend! You should know that I’m just worried about you.

                  This is all I’ve got to say for now. Message me. Love ya!

I place my laptop back on my nightstand and lay down on my bed. Later is another day with Theo convincing me about love and whatsoever. Seriously, I want to know what will he get after this little deal. I don’t think he will benefit anything from it. Plus, he only gets random shouts and snaps from me. Don’t he get tired of hearing me complain about everything he says?

                  Another thing I’m thinking is that look Joan has. There is something about it. I have to find that out. She looks happy, I can tell that but deep down, it feels like she’s sad, alone, hurt. What—or maybe, who—can hurt her? She’s a sweet woman and really nice so I don’t think there’s someone or something that will hurt her. But whatever that look she has, it has something to do with love.